Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tranceguy1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2008, 11:36 PM
    98 accord making clunking noise when making hard left turn
    My 98 accord ia making a clunk, clunk, clunk sound when making hard left turns. It only does this with left turns a slow speed like making a u-turn. It actually seems to make the car bounce a little with each clunk. It is definitely not a clicking noise. I have just put a prelude h22 engine with 35,000 miles in the car with the axles that came with the engine. I also lowered the car 1.5 inches at the same time. Thanks a lot.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Aug 27, 2008, 02:37 AM
    Hello tranceguy1

Sounds like either the suspension or the universal wheel joint has problems.

Success !

:>)
    tranceguy1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2008, 02:36 PM
    What part of the suspension are you thinking of? Possibly shocks? Maybe swaybar bushing? Thanks.
    Mapleleafpete Posts: 125, Reputation: 4

Aug 28, 2008, 08:07 AM
    If its making a clunking sound on turns its usually a CV joint,check to see if you CV boot is torn or cracked.If it is that would allow dirt,gravel and such to get inside and grease to escape causing it to wear out the bearing.You can get a complete CV shaft usually just bit cheaper that buying a boot anf joint,its faster to change the whole shaft and saves you labour time,hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Crack noise when making right turn [ 1 Answers ]

Dear car expert, I have a 2003 toyota camry, I heard a crack noise when making right turn, no noise on left turn, what is the problem? How much do I have to pay to fix it? May I fix it by myself? Please advise. Thank you.

Pipes Making Noise [ 30 Answers ]

I have read some other posts on this forum and have some ideas. However, I will try to be more specific. About every 5-10 minutes there is a clunking noise under our house. Our house was built in 1991 (I think), is a large rambler (3400sqft), and I have total access underneath it. This noise,...

Ac Making Loud Noise [ 1 Answers ]

My AC makes a loud noise when cycling. Also it never gets any cooler than 75. Could this be my compressor? How hard is this to fix yourself?

His ex girlfriend is making it hard [ 8 Answers ]

I have been seeing this guy for 2 weeks, 5 days into our relationship if you may call it that, he says his ex is moving here to be with him. He says he doesn't want her anymore. She has told him that she's changed, apparently she hasn't. He recently moved into an apartment with his buddy and...

View more questions Search