Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Miniscule Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2008, 06:59 PM
    Do I have any modeling potential?
    Hello, I am a 16 year old male boy, who loves fashion and is most definitely interested in fashion design and becoming a fashion designer. I have also always wanted to model, maybe not so much as a career, but maybe for some experience and possibly some money. I am 5'2" and according to Endocrinologists, I have growth potential from 5'3" to 5'8". I weigh 92 pounds and at the moment I have a six pack. I don't want to sound pompous, but I also have a pretty sophisticated wardrobe for my age. Do I have any modeling potential right now or maybe when I have reached my maximum height? Should I bother making a portfolio and/or signing up with an agency?

Thank you!

-Alex
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2008, 07:15 PM
    Hello Alex:

If you have the look, you have it now. I wouldn't wait.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 26, 2008, 07:31 PM
    Often there are all sorts of looks, agencies look for. Boy next door, bad boy, goofy boy, and more.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2008, 03:55 AM
    I have known youths who have been able to get some exposure by modeling for local clothing outfits around where they live. You might want to ask about that at places that do advertise around where you live. Your parents will also need to be involved in whatever you do in that regard.
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2008, 04:03 AM
    You are a little short. You would not be modeling your own cloths. Best bet would be to make an appointment with a local agency and see what they say
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2008, 09:38 AM
    It is all about what agency you go to. Don't be mad or angry if you don't hear what you want because it all about your look. You have to pick or maybe an agency can tell you what type of modeling you want to be and you might have to be taller for most modeling job because I know for females it 5'7 and up. Since your underage you will need a parent approval and your must watch up for companies that might take advantage of your and change you a lot of money and offer false promises. Get a camera and start taking photos, head shots, and do a varriet of poses and pick your best and put them together. Note: this industry is rough and people are rude and won't word their words nicely. You will get judged and might hear things you don't want to hear but keep your cool and have tough skin. Good Luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Modeling scams [ 42 Answers ]

HELP!! My husband just signed up with Model Search America for a convention in Vegas. They are charging $1200 for this! Does anyone have experience with this company or know anything about the business? Everything about it feels like a scam... HELP.

Hair modeling? [ 1 Answers ]

About one or two years ago at the BIG E exposition someone offerd me to go to hair modeling because I have thick hair and I guess a un common hair color and eyes but I couldn't because of family situations at the time and now I'd like to do it. I'm 15 now, 16 soon and is there any web site or...

Modeling career. [ 8 Answers ]

All of my life people have told me to be a model. Does anyone know of a modeling place that is hiring? :)

Dog modeling. [ 5 Answers ]

I have a doberman and I wanted to enter her in some form of modeling... because she can do basically anything! From wearing jewelry glasses, sunglasses, clip-on earrings, bracelets, dresses, even little shoes! But I'm in Arizona and I wanted to know is there anything I can get her in like to be in...

Modeling Agency [ 2 Answers ]

I've just been asked to review our Modeling Operation to determine how to make it more efficient and ensure they have the tools they need. I just want to get my hands on an effective book to help me do some research. We will be benchmarking agencies. But, I wanted to get a head start. Anyone who...

View more questions Search