Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LukaruFinder Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2008, 05:17 PM
    What is a Lukaru
    OK. I'm not sure if I spelled it right. Lukaru, lukaroo, lookaroo, lookaru... something like that. Apparently it's a french word.

But anyhow, I was at a coworkers house one day after work. We were talking about all kinds of crazy stuff. And then he mentions the lukaru.

It was explained to me as:
    2 beings that could be seen, yet at the same time, can be seen through. Somekind of shape shifting being, that contacts the ground when it moves. I guess there is some kind of residue or something secreted on the ground its been on (kind of like how a snail or slug moves). Apparently there is also a floating snake that follows these entities. If the snake is certain color, I guess the sighting can bring goodluck, misfortune, death...

The guy that told me about this is a native american. So he lives on an indian reservation. The reservation is in steamburgh, NY. I don't know if its some indian belief, but he says he saw 2 of them.

So he swears this stuff is true, yet I can't find anything about a lukaru. The closest thing I found was in a 1950's warewolf movie, in which the warewolf is the lukaru. What he's explaining is no warewolf.

So my question is: is there a such thing as a lukaru? If so, can someone please point me to a site that I could learn more
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 26, 2008, 05:29 PM
    You meran 'loupgarou' which means basically werewolf. Not lukaru, no such thing. It is french, or sort of.
    LukaruFinder Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2008, 05:34 PM
    No that's not what I'm talking about. The description I got was nothing like a warewolf. I'm positive I mentioned that. Maybe my friend is calling it by the wrong name.
    Expert

Aug 26, 2008, 05:48 PM
    I do know a native indian legend about the 'windego'. Sort of a shape shifter, evil, eats people and flies amongst the tree tops.

Sorry, close as I can get.

Your friend has the name wrong.
    CluelessJoe Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Aug 3, 2013, 07:48 AM
    I know this answer is 5 years too late, but I just joined. Regarding the lukaroo (sp?), I remember as a young kid watching a Johnny Quest cartoon, one episode dealt with the lukaroo. I seem to remember a werewolf like creature.
    Expert

Aug 3, 2013, 09:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CluelessJoe View Post
    I know this answer is 5 years too late, but I just joined. Regarding the lukaroo (sp?), I remember as a young kid watching a Johnny Quest cartoon, one episode dealt with the lukaroo. I seem to remember a werewolf like creature.
    It is spelled wrong. It should be 'loupgaru'. A werewolf. ' loup' is French for wolf
    CluelessJoe Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Aug 3, 2013, 10:16 AM
    Tickle, good to know for future discussions. It makes sense to me. Anyway, I just thought if the person who asked the original question (5 yrs ago) was still interested, the cartoon was the only reference I could provide. Funny how I just happened to remember the name myself and googled it.
    adriannnnnnnn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2015, 02:42 PM
    My father told me that the lookaroo floated down the river at night and the Indians could see it but they could never catch it, even though they set up traps for it like putting a rope across the water. It would just go through whatever obstacles they set up. That's all I know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search