Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 29, 2008, 12:35 AM
    ... and one (or I'm imagining probably at least two) from Alberta, Canada! :) Alex is going to have one heck of a collection I think!
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 29, 2008, 12:40 AM
    Thanks so much, send as many as you want to, I'd love it, and yes, Alex will probably have the biggest collection in the world for a young fella of his age.

I'm so glad you also liked this idea - so send them from anywhere - the more, the merrier!

I'm so excited and can't wait already...
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2008, 01:45 AM
    Im not going to go soppy or be over the top there's no need you already know your very special.

There are three words that I will say and I will dwell no longer because you know I would take all the hurt and the pain in a blink.

We love you xx
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 29, 2008, 07:50 PM
    I have to admit up front and admit that I have not read any of this post other than the first page. And I am so sorry I have missed this thread until now.

Cher... You have been such a strong and courageous woman for the two years that I have known you. You have perservered an enormous amount of weight on your shoulders, yet you stayed strong and hopeful.

I remember the day that Alexander (Peanut) was born. You e-mailed me with such pride. I remember when your daughter e-mailed me with the news of your stroke. That was around Thanksgiving, and look how far you have come. You came home when we didn't even know if you would survive.

You are my angel in spirit, you are my light in the tunnel, you are the definition of strength.

I stand behind CBW in saying that we love you. No matter what happens, when or where, please know that we love you.

PS: Please haunt me. :p
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 29, 2008, 08:48 PM
    If I may, I would like to borrow from J9's statement. If ever there were a haunting, I would want it to be you Momma C! You would kick the crap out of the rest, and put them in their place! :p

So that is what you are going to do with those scouts right? Kick some A$$! I know you will! :D
    AKaeTrue Posts: 1,599, Reputation: 272
    Ultra Member

Aug 29, 2008, 09:01 PM
    Chery,
    Both pics are beautiful!
    The pic of your grandson touching your face is one of those candid moments that I personally cherish the most.
    I'm so happy you have that moment captured forever along with the many others that you are putting together for your grandson.
    I agree with everyone else who has posted on this thread, you are an amazing, strong woman whose advice and comforting words have helped so many.
    Feel better soon, and if you're really wanting some postcards, then expect one from me too!!
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 30, 2008, 09:47 PM
    This song is dedicated to you my sweet Momma C. I'm sure I am speaking on behalf of all of your AMHD children on this one!! Here's to you, and all of the things you have taught us all! :)

YouTube - You've Got A Friend---carole King,Celine,Gloria,Shania
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2008, 03:51 PM
    LOL... the "Youtube Queen" strikes again :)
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 31, 2008, 04:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by friend4u178
    LOL.................the "Youtube Queen" strikes again :)
    ... and it's all your fault too! :p
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 31, 2008, 08:01 PM
    Hey guys. I'm glad that everyone's stopping in from time to time just to say hi, or to post a song, share a story. This is what I entended this thread to be. :)

Hey Momma C, just finished writing you two postcards, now I just have to buy stamps and send. Hopefully you'll get them soon. :)
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Aug 31, 2008, 08:26 PM
    Yes, Marta and I bought some Chicago Postcards for you today also, and we intend to send a letter with some pictures also with my son and daughter and my 4 grandkids...

Chery I don't remember if you said that you were ever in Chicago, but these should give you a pretty good idea of where we live... excited that everyone is sending you cards and letters hon.

Stringer
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 1, 2008, 09:24 PM
    Oh, you wonderful people! This is better than Christmas! - Thank you°I love hearing from you any time and can't wait to receive the first postcard.. will let you know who's came first.

Since I cannot leave the house without a 'companion' (dumb body restricting me) but my mind is still fully functioning so you know that you all are my life-line and I appreciate each post you share with me. Every time I come to this thread, I don't know what comes next, but it always winds up me clearing my eyes and radiates warmth in my heart. J_9 and CBW - thanks ever so much for visiting as I know you two are busy and you do make me feel as if I am a special friend so far away - you have no idea how much this means to me.

Stinger, I have never been to the Windy City - but have seen it on TV and cannot wait until I get pictures personalized by you and the family.

I spent the weekend with Alex and his mom. We did have a few plans, but they got side-tracked by Alex's stomach flu - poor baby - I convinced his mom to let him drink flat coca-cola so at least the eruptions stopped after a while, but he just didn't know which way to sit or lay down.. he just didn't want to move and his fever did spike. We got that down and he slept a lot so he's better now. So, now I am on a 'forced diet' of clear liquids. What a way to loose a few pounds... but that too will pass (ha ha) and there will be better days to look forward to.

And, I am absolutely serious about the postcards, AK.. the more the merrier.. they will make me feel a lot closer to those of you who encouraged me and lifted me when I was down.

I have exactly three 'physically close friends' besides my family here.. but I have many more friends in you - so, I'm one lucky woman! Starby and Friend... don't stop the music either. When my eyes dry, I feel so much better and always send you super virtual hugs. As for 'spooking'.. there will be enough of me to go around to give some of that warmth right back at you, when the time comes.

C.U. later folks, going to watch 'My Family' on BBC and then Eli Stone... That's Entertainment!

I'm letting the Smiley do the Jump for Joy for me!
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Sep 1, 2008, 11:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Chery
    Oh, you wonderful people! This is better than Christmas! - Thank you°I love hearing from you any time and can't wait to receive the first postcard.. will let you know who's came first.

Since I cannot leave the house without a 'companion' (dumb body restricting me) but my mind is still fully functioning so you know that you all are my life-line and I appreciate each post you share with me. Every time I come to this thread, I don't know what comes next, but it always winds up me clearing my eyes and radiates warmth in my heart. J_9 and CBW - thanks ever so much for visiting as I know you two are busy and you do make me feel as if I am a special friend so far away - you have no idea how much this means to me.

Stinger, I have never been to the Windy City - but have seen it on TV and cannot wait until I get pictures personalized by you and the family.

I spent the weekend with Alex and his mom. We did have a few plans, but they got side-tracked by Alex's stomach flu - poor baby - I convinced his mom to let him drink flat coca-cola so at least the eruptions stopped after a while, but he just didn't know which way to sit or lay down.. he just didn't want to move and his fever did spike. We got that down and he slept a lot so he's better now. So, now I am on a 'forced diet' of clear liquids. What a way to loose a few pounds... but that too will pass (ha ha) and there will be better days to look forward to.

And, I am absolutely serious about the postcards, AK.. the more the merrier.. they will make me feel a lot closer to those of you who encouraged me and lifted me when I was down.

I have exactly three 'physically close friends' besides my family here.. but I have many more friends in you - so, I'm one lucky woman! Starby and Friend... don't stop the music either. When my eyes dry, I feel so much better and always send you super virtual hugs. As for 'spooking'.. there will be enough of me to go around to give some of that warmth right back at you, when the time comes.

C.U. later folks, going to watch 'My Family' on BBC and then Eli Stone... That's Entertainment!

I'm letting the Smiley do the Jump for Joy for me!
    Looking for really good post cards Chery... and we will keep them coming... love you. :)
    Stringer
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 1, 2008, 11:24 PM
    Chery, you were one of the first members I "met" here. Your posts have always delighted me with their charm and grace -- and practical wisdom. I will pray for you to have many good nights' sleeping and lots of energy during the day to keep up with your grandson. And be sure to eat your vegetables!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 2, 2008, 12:16 AM
    Yes Chery, vegetables, or a V8. ;) Could have had a V8. :)

I'm going to bed now, just thought I'd say good night MommaC. I love you so much my dear, do you know that? I hope you do. Great, more tears, darnit, I thought I turned that darn tap off. :(

You are always in my thoughts and in my prayers. Even the kids are talking about you, I hope it's okay, but I told them that they have an adopted Grandma in Germany. They both love that idea, but are now bugging me to take them to Germany for a visit. Me and my big mouth. ;)

Sleep well MommaC. Oh I bought green apple candles the other day, put them in the bathroom. They remind me of you and they cover the smell when hubby's had beans for supper. ;)

Love you MommaC, big hug, big wet kiss, and lots of love. :)
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Sep 2, 2008, 12:29 AM
    Beautiful Chery, thank you for everything. This honestly brought a tear to my eye, then your proceeding posts brought a few more. You've been more than helpful to me, more like the mother that I didn't ever have. We love you.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 2, 2008, 12:55 AM
    Don't forget your fruit too Momma C! Eat some Goji Berries... lots and lots! ;) Or the juice if you can get it there. They have cancer fighting agents, and are super good for your immune system! I drink the juice for my bad hip, and the arthritis I have that comes with it, and I swear by it!

I wrote you a long email, and right before I was able to hit send, my bleepin computer crashed, and I lost it all. I will write it over again when I get a chance okay!

The YouTube Queen strikes again, and here is your song for the day from your "flower" girl!

Here is your daily HUG!! :)

YouTube - Beautiful In My Eyes (Full Flowers)
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Sep 2, 2008, 03:35 AM
    I'm so sorry Momma C, I haven't found the postcard to send to you yet. It's a bit difficult to find one, especially if I don't often go for shopping or to choose one. But I promise that I'll send one. Big big hugs to you!:)
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Sep 2, 2008, 04:33 AM
    Dear Chery;
    I know we didn't talk much, but I've read many of your posts and seen the happiness and smiles that you give to people accompanied by great wisedom and advice (aswell as the odd smilie animation lol) and it makes me smile that there are still people out there in the world that are as great and kind as you, and I'm honoured that I've been able to witness what you can do and share the same site as someone as rare as you,
    Thank you and good luck :)

p.s ill try and send a post card to you from where I am, but I'm not used to sending 'physical mail' like you hip youngsters I'm still stuck in the age of email, so it might get lost :D
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Sep 2, 2008, 10:22 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg
    Yes Chery, vegetables, or a V8. ;) Coulda had a V8. :)

I'm going to bed now, just thought I'd say good night MommaC. I love you so much my dear, do you know that? I hope you do. Great, more tears, darnit, I thought I turned that darn tap off. :(

You are always in my thoughts and in my prayers. Even the kids are talking about you, I hope it's okay, but I told them that they have an adopted Grandma in Germany. They both love that idea, but are now bugging me to take them to Germany for a visit. Me and my big mouth. ;)

Sleep well MommaC. Oh I bought green apple candles the other day, put them in the bathroom. They remind me of you and they cover the smell when hubby's had beans for supper. ;)

Love you MommaC, big hug, big wet kiss, and lots of love.
    I just love V8! And will ask Jaime to get some for me.

Don't you just love it when even candles manage to do some multi-tasking?

I'm not that hungry lately, I want to eat, but when I take a bite that's it, so I'll stick to lots of liquids. Believe it or not I still like the Original Tang.
    Tell the kids hi from the 'nother Grandma'..

Love you lots too!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I buy a Chery car? [ 4 Answers ]

We are looking at buying a new car and have trawled the showrooms lately. We saw a Chery - Chinese car which was very cheap and had all sorts of fancy gizmos: movie screens in rear seats and one at front in the middle (could be a bit dangerous? ); 2.4litre engine; sunroof; blah blah blah. ...

Chery? [ 7 Answers ]

Anyone hear from Chery?? It's been MONTHS!! Can we all try and contact and let her know were thinking about her. I know she's had some stuff going going I nher life.

Sweet sweet blues music [ 19 Answers ]

Does anyone know if Howling Wolf or John Lee Hooker are still alive and if they are, are they still playing

Welcome Back Chery! [ 7 Answers ]

It's really nice to see you posting on here again. I hope everything went well for you, and that you will soon be your old self again! I really missed you.

View more questions Search