Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ANNAMALK Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2008, 03:05 PM
    AMANA AC/HEAT pump will "not" turn on
    Wall UnitT-A/C-HEAT PUMP, 230V AMANA. Older model 10 years plus+++

Unit will not turn on, no noise, groaning, no fan/compressor, etc or any noise.

Have verified wall receptacle does have power!

Where do I start to look?

Where would most likely problem would be?

Also, where do I find Model Name/Number/serial?
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 26, 2008, 03:19 PM
    Use a meter and check the switch for off and on. If not that keep checking until you find the defective component.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

A/C or Heat does not work w/thermostat set "on" or "auto". [ 22 Answers ]

A/C or Heat doesn't work in "on" or "auto". Fan will not come on at the "on" position either. I changed the batteries in the thermostat. I also read somewhere to disconnect the "Y" and hold it to the "R" on the thermostat for two minutes. That will tell me if the thermostat is the problem. ...

Heat Pump "Fan" Mode [ 3 Answers ]

When I change the setting from A/C to FAN does it draw the air in from the outside or only move around the air already inside my condo? If not, is there any way to draw in the air in from the outside rather than just pushing around the air inside? I live on the first floor and have no windows aside...

Rheem heat pump thermostat "EM" setting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Rheem model no. RHQA 1000B heat pump, but previous homeowner left no manual for it. I am puzzled at the "EM" setting on the thermostat. I would also like to download/obtain an operation manual for this unit.

Amana Washer "out of balance switch" [ 1 Answers ]

Can this switch be adjusted or bypassed? It is so sensitive on our washer that it requires constant rearrangement of the clothes to complete a wash. The washer is ten years old and a new switch is hard to find.

View more questions Search