Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tommyra664 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2008, 02:27 PM
    Transfer probation from New York to Florida
    I left New York in march of this year and told my probation officer I moved,but got no response from him regarding the transfer from one state to another.what can I expect in the future? I always check with the sheriff to see about a warrant,but the all say I am clean in this state.I only have 1 year left on probation.help me please
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2008, 06:07 PM
    Hello tommy:

If you moved before you had permission to do so, then you have absconded from probation and I would bet there's a warrant out for you. If so, you have much more than a year. It stopped when you left.

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2008, 04:39 AM
    Get an attorney to straighten out this mess for you. Right now you are out of the sate of New York without permission. That is an automatic violation of your probation. Why did you leave the state without the probation being transferred to Florida? You have just set yourself up for some real future headaches now. New York will get around to having a warrant issued for you since you don't show up for the monthly appointments with them. It's just a matter of time until this all catches up to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New York Violation of Probation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. Im on probation for a misdimener drug charge that was sentenced in march 2007 due to end 3 years later. I just recently got re-arrested on my bicycle carrying a significant amount of prescription pills & marijuana. The pills were in my friends name that I just picked up at our other friends apt...

New York or Florida? [ 7 Answers ]

I think my mom hates me cause I remind her of my dad && I'm not the best daughter In the world I mean I'm 17 I have a b.f she hates I droped out of high school && I haven't been working but my brother droped out of high school 2 years ago && he's 19 now and he does nothing but sit on my space all...

Juvenile Probation State of Florida [ 2 Answers ]

I have a son that has been placed on probation for one year with the Dept. of Juvenile Justice, he just turned 18 about 2 weeks ago. Has been on probation since Dec. 2007 and now has a offer to go to work for the company that his father owns in La. He has a place to live and the job. Does anyone...

Probation transfer. [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently on felony probation and I was wondering if ir is possibible to get my probation transferd out of state. I was wanting to move from Taylor,Mi and move to Columbia city,In where I have a home lined up and a job.

View more questions Search