Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2008, 01:37 PM
    Comparing MP3 players
    Hi. I am thinking of getting my daughter a MP3 player for her b-day. I know very little about them. My daughter will be 8 so the thing would need to be easy for her to use.

I was wondering if anybody knew what is a good brand to get, how hard is it to download music, etc.

We are looking at an I-pod shuffle - more so because I know the brand and they seem to be popular. Can I download music from where ever I want or do I have to buy the I-tunes package?

We use Lime Wire to download music on the computer - would that work on an I-pod or should I get a different brand?

I am clueless! Help!

Thanks!
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Aug 26, 2008, 05:24 PM
    The iPod Shuffle is fine. There is a lot of support with other devices that are now coming with an iPod docking port. More so than any other brand of player. As far as downloading music, the MP3 format is a standard. Attaching your player to your PC is similar to plugging in a memory stick. It is a device that holds files... in this case, music files. You can get free downloads in so many ways. Soft drinks will often have numbers under the cap that will give you one or two free music downloads. Signing up for a music download site will allow you to pay monthly rates for your downloads or you can purchase as you go. Since your 8-year old doesn't have a credit card yet, this will give you parental control over the content.
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2008, 09:07 PM
    Thanks a lot for the information! We haven't gone to the store yet to compare in person. I have just been checking online and I am totally lost. I am gravitating more to the Shuffle because it's a brand we know.
    (I actually saw one at her school today and boy, are they small!)

Again, thank you for your input!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Comparing self to other girls [ 4 Answers ]

I am continuously comparing myself with other girls. I want people to compliment me like they used to. I compare many times because I question why I am sixteen and I have never had a boyfriend. Something is wrong with me.

Comparing various mfg [ 1 Answers ]

We live in Dallas and are replacing 2 complete units with a 3 ton & 5 ton variable speed. I have received quotes on Trane XL16 & XL19. Also Amana ASX16 and Carrier Infinty 17. The prices vary from $14K to $20K. How do you really compare the various models. I have spent hours on internet trying...

Comparing Investments [ 4 Answers ]

I buy fixer houses putting as little as 20% down. I usually put about $40,000 in to fix up, cover finance costs and cover selling costs. My typical interest rate is between 7% - 9% on my loans. Since it is short term, interest rate is not important to me really. I am usually able to net about...

Comparing to Ex! [ 3 Answers ]

So, I have been broken up with my ex for a while now, but I am having trouble moving onto other people. I have met, and gone on dates with a few women since the break up. I always find myself comparing it to my ex. I was very much in love with her, and she is the one that dumped me. All of the...

View more questions Search