Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    americanagirl79 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2008, 11:31 AM
    Is there a spirit in my son's room?
    My son started freaking out the other night (he's 12) telling me that he did not want to sleep in his room, because "things" have been happening. I asked him what type of things. He told me that he's been hearing footsteps in his room, and that four times he has seen a man sitting on the floor in front of his dresser, watching him. He said the man is always the same, and never says anything, just looks at him. Do you think he is seeing a spirit? If so, is there a way to confirm it, other than my son telling me? Please help. :confused:
    mugger Posts: 191, Reputation: 26

Aug 26, 2008, 11:50 AM
    I have also seen spirits, as well has my daughter. They are not there to harm anyone. Could either be a lost loved one or a former occupant. Confirming such a thing in today's closed-minded society is going to be a challenge, but that doesn't mean it's not happening. Another possibility is that it may be what is called a residual haunting- basically it's where energy left over has left residue from an emotional (good or bad) moment in their life. I definitely think your son is seeing a spirit. Kids are excellent at picking up things of this nature if they haven't been told NOT to. I, by far, am no expert, but have had a little experience in this matter. If it would calm you any, put a tape recorder in his room at night or a monitor that you can hear. No need to be scared because it can't harm you. People are always afraid of what they don't understand and can't explain. I believe your storyif he is uncomfortable he can ask the spirit to leave if he says it makes him uncomfortable. Good luck.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2008, 06:18 PM
    Sosme things that are suppose to help are telling it to go to the light, sprinkling sea salt, holy water or oil.
    In Sorrow Posts: 82, Reputation: 5

Sep 6, 2008, 07:42 PM
    Sounds like a Ghost or A Spirit to me, it can be a haunting, as maybe someone who died in that house before you moved there could have remined earth bound. Although according to the Holy Bible it is not possible, if you believe the Bible, However there are Demons who can make themselves look like a human, if it keeps up I would have a priest or pastor bless the house, or better yet, buy some Dragons Blood insence and smoke out your Sons room.
    CHRISTOPHEROBIN Posts: 50, Reputation: 5

Sep 6, 2008, 09:20 PM
    I have seen ghosts/spirits and my daughter too.I would bet my farm on it.Ive seen too much to even question if anyone sees ghosts.Have your child talk to it.This spirit is looking for something and it came to your child to get help.My daughter sees spirits all the time and was afraid at first until she talked to it, then it became a friend.Ever heard of a child refer to an imaginary friend?That child helped that spirit by staying calm and talking to it.My daughters spirit friend is named Henry.She is really fond of him and talks highly of him.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

One room dimmer installation / dimmer works but no power in room [ 4 Answers ]

I have installed a remot ctrl dimmer in one room & now all 2 of my power outlets seems not to work. The installation was one pole & I shut off the power to the upstairs area of my house by using the cirucit breaker. Once aligning all the wires & positioning the dimmer to replace the on & off switch...

Interior room-to-room noise reduction [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I just moved into a home in Wheaton, IL. The house is great except for one thing: you can easily hear through the walls. For example, the master bathroom was placed along the main hallway, and you can hear... everything... not what you want when entertaining guests! I've read about...

Circuit breaker OK, but no electricity in living room/dining room [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 100 year old farm home. The lights went out in living room and dining room Thanksgiving night. The circuit breaker appears normal and the panel is OK. What went wrong?

Did I see a spirit? [ 2 Answers ]

My fiancé and I were chatting on the cam this morning. I was noticing the light through the outside window in his internet café and how it bounced around the room. He had to clean some in the café, so turned the cam around for me to watch what he was doing. Everything was normal until I saw...

Son's room and board considered income [ 1 Answers ]

We are going to claim chapter 7 bankruptcy My 25 yr old son lives with us, should his room and board be included as income on the forms?

View more questions Search