Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Apologisenow Posts: 295, Reputation: 2

Aug 27, 2008, 04:17 PM
    I know I'm dragging this on but it's a big decision. I want to do the right thing :(

Aug 27, 2008, 04:25 PM
    Right say I was to get this laptop:

PC World UK Computer Superstore - Buy cheap computers, laptops, desktop PCs, printers, LCD TVs, sat nav, digital cameras and more..

What can I do with it? Can I play latest games? Runescape on highest detail?

Aug 27, 2008, 04:25 PM
    Will it run IE7? Office 2007? The latest software?

Aug 28, 2008, 06:36 AM
    I don't know what to do :(
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Aug 28, 2008, 08:03 AM
    Based on what you said you wanted to do, ANY laptop you buy will do those things. Buy one now.

BTW, you don't want IE7. You want FireFox.

Aug 28, 2008, 08:52 AM
    Okay so do you think this is good?

PC World UK Computer Superstore - Buy cheap computers, laptops, desktop PCs, printers, LCD TVs, sat nav, digital cameras and more..

That's the best one I can find for its price. Also I'm using IE7 now? :confused:

Aug 28, 2008, 09:27 AM
    Also that laptop has a Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 is that as good as the Nvidia GeForce 3 that is needed for the highest detail on runescape?
    Software Expert

Aug 28, 2008, 09:55 AM
    Switch to Firefox on your new computer. It's SO much faster, has almost none of the security issues IE7 has, and 100s of plugins let you customize the program in ways IE7 can only dream of.

One plugin is called IETab, lets me open a website in an IE7 window because the website is demanding it... still in FireFox. Hehe. Awesome.=
    ========

I already said that laptop is fine. Buy it. At that pricepoint, I'd get something similar like this:

Amazon.co.uk: Acer Aspire 5920 Notebook Laptop, Intel Core 2 Duo T5550, 1.83GHz, 15.4" TFT, 2GB RAM, 250GB Hard-drive, DVD±RW, Intel GraphicsX3100, Integ Webcam, WiFi, Vista Home Premium: Electronics & Photo

4% less computing power but offset by 50% MORE storage, major bonus, to me. Meanwhile, yours is great. BUY IT. NEXT!!

Aug 28, 2008, 10:20 AM
    Okay thanks again for all your help. Lastly hopefullly, that laptop has a Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 is that as good as the Nvidia GeForce 3 that is needed for the highest detail on runescape?
    Software Expert

Aug 28, 2008, 11:02 AM
    Ask Scleros in the hardware forum. That's a little too specific for my history. I play immersive games at times, too, but the need for the highest level of detail has never been worth the added $$ to me, the game is exactly the same level of enjoyment to me at 70-80%

Aug 28, 2008, 12:06 PM
    Thanks again JBeau till we meet again!! :p

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HP 500 notebook [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Guys, I've gone three days to find VGA drivers for HP 500 Notebook... thought HP site would list them but only the ones for later models e.g HP 530 & they don't work together! I find this rather strange. Can anyone be of help? Appreciated!

Notebook won't bot up [ 2 Answers ]

Low disk warning keep popping up,so I deleted programs that were not being used. After I did that my note boot won't boot up,, ::confused:

Which notebook? [ 3 Answers ]

hi, need some guidance. Daughter's going to college and is buying an entry level notebook, narrowed down to two- 1) toshiba a85- s107 and 2) compac presario m2105 us. compac- With a 15" display, wireless capabilities and combo drive, the Compaq Presario M2105US notebook gives you the...

Cleaning notebook [ 1 Answers ]

My toshiba notebook has a metallic finish. Where I rest my palm when I write a dark patch has developed.I can't get rid of it. Is it oxidation? Do you know how to make my laptop shiny again?

View more questions Search