Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    valvino Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2008, 08:14 AM
    Previewing on the lcd screen
    Hello,

I just got the nikon d80, I've been trying to figure out how to preview a shot on the lcd screen instead of the viewfinder. I've had other digital slrs where you could at least preview the shot. Any help?

Thanks
    rawpotatoeater37 Posts: 244, Reputation: 8

Sep 3, 2008, 04:33 AM
    Often cameras have a "display" button to hit. (It might also say DISP.) or D or just have a little box or something.

You may also need to go into the menu and change your display from the viewfinder to the outside screen.

I also found your manual online:
    http://www.nikonusa.com/pdf/manuals/...80_noprint.pdf

(Watch out - it's a pdf file, meaning it will automatically download the manual)

Good luck!
    mcphoto Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2008, 03:00 PM
    No Nikon Digital SLRs have had this ability until this year. With the D80, you can only see the shot on the LCD AFTER shooting it (I use a D70 and D80 daily). My understanding is that the new D90 and D300 have this ability on some settings though.
    Jetranger Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2009, 02:55 PM

You can preview the shot after it is taken. This can be set to automatically display the preview after each shot, or you can manually press the display button. I have this feature turned off since it drains batteries and when taking 8fps there is hardly time.

If you are talking about seeing through the lens on the display BEFORE taking the shot, that is called "Live View". This was only available on the D300, and now on the D90.

I have the D300 and I never use it. But, I've only taken about 80,000 shots so far with this body.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Emerson 20in LCD Flat Screen. Model No. EWL20S5C with split screen [ 5 Answers ]

Hello,I have an eight month old Emerson 20in LCD Flat Screen. Model No. EWL20S5C My sound is great. My picture is distorted. Seems it has a divided screen. With little movement of the actual picture. Colors are way off. And none of the controls work except for channel up and down work, but very...

Blank screen after xp splash screen and then hangs [ 2 Answers ]

My colleagues and I work in a tech environment and we have seen several computers with the same symptoms. Namely a failure to boot xp. After the xp logo screen the screen goes to blank and it just hangs. This looks like a graphics card fault but changing card does nothing. Booting into safe...

Torn Screen In Screen Door [ 3 Answers ]

We have a pretty standard screen door, and the cats ripped a hole in it . And now they are jumping through... I have a big roll of extra scree, are these changeable? OR do you replace the panel? Is there a stronger screen than that flimsy black stuff?

Black screen after windows splash screen windows xp [ 2 Answers ]

Black screen after windows splash screen windows xp

Having a problem moving my address bar from bottom of screen to top of screen [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I can't seem to bring up an address bar at the top of the screen because when I right click at the top of the page, the options are not lit up. I could only bring up an address bar at the bottom. Since it gets in the way at the bottom, I would like to know if anyone can help me...

View more questions Search