Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cpk2 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2006, 07:27 PM
    What's happening to me?
    I just resumed taking birth control again after being off it for about 7 months. Two weeks into taking the pill again, I had an "intimate moment" with my boyfriend and I began bleeding profusely. It's been almost a week and the bleeding is lighter, yet still constant. How long should this last? (It's definitely not time for my period.) Is something wrong with me?
    giggles Posts: 143, Reputation: 27

Apr 26, 2006, 08:22 PM
    To be honest, you're better waiting till your due date and seeing if something is amiss when you recommence with the next month of pills - you don't mention how "intimate" you were. (Spell it out, you want answers, so be specific!) I recently recommenced taking birth control, and it does take a while for your body to adjust. It could just be what is called "breakthrough bleeding", where your body is adapting to the hormone intake, and your system will be out of whack for a couple of months, causing erratic bleeding similar to a period. When you first took the pill, if you can remember, was it somewhat like now? Generally your body will follow a pattern. Hope you are otherwise using protection etc. Good luck x

Apr 26, 2006, 09:13 PM
    Ok OK. It was flat out "sex." (protected of course). But no, when I first began the pill (5 years ago and other intervals in between), it was nothing like this. I was just hoping my boyfriend didn't puncture something... because the bleeding just flowed as he began to... (eww, I know). This has never happened. The pill normally slows my flow greatly when I'm supposed to have a flow.
    howards girl Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Apr 27, 2006, 04:50 AM
    Something happened to me a few years ago. After having sex with someone new after a "dry spell" I began to bleed like that as well. It turned out that I had a hormonal problem and I had to massage the opening with a progesterone cream. It solved the problem. But you should check with the doc. It totally freaked the guy out because he thought I was a 28 year old virgin!

Apr 27, 2006, 04:52 AM
    I forgot to add the bleeding was not from any organ from inside just the skin around the opening of the vagina

Apr 27, 2006, 10:10 AM
    Thanks. But was the bleeding almost like a period? Wow... the joys of being a woman.

Apr 27, 2006, 03:09 PM
    It wasent very heavy, but there was a lot!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's happening to me [ 11 Answers ]

I have had normal periods and I am taking the pill This month even though I am on the pill I strted bleeding 2 days prev and then stopped I woke up early one morning and found that I was covered in blood which has never happened and have been very heavy bleeding since ? And very very painful...

What Is Happening In My House? [ 2 Answers ]

"Hi Me and my family moved into our house around 2 years ago, there has only been 2 previous owners and noone has died in the house. After a couple of months moving in we noticed a very strong fishy smell in my daughters room, it would gradually appear then afer a few minutes would slowly fade....

What is happening [ 2 Answers ]

I will start by saying I haven't been with a man in 4 12 yrs. But I recently got married and my husband and I are trying to conceive. My cycle is usually pretty normal. I can bet on it an win. But since we are trying to have a baby, I made sure that we were together during my fertile and ovulating...

What's Happening? [ 2 Answers ]

Hey guys, I haven't been around here for awhile, I don't know why. Anyway, once again I'm certianed about my best friend, Nick. Here's the thing, about a month ago (probably earlier) he has been acting differntly with me like he's not my best friend anymore. Yes, I mess with him in certain...

View more questions Search