Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sclarkm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2008, 07:22 AM
    Antique Smith & Wesson revolver info needed
    My great-uncle recently passed away and among his guns there is a revolver with a tip-up barrel. It is a .32 caliber with a 3 1/2" barrel, it is nickel plated with pearl grips and bears the serial number 58734. Along the top of the barrel it says Smith&Wesson Springfield, Mass. U.S.A. Pat'D Feb 20 77 Dec 18 77 May 11 80 Sep 11 83 Oct 2 83 TWO Aug 4 85. It is hammerless and holds 5 rounds. My father, who is 72, says that he remembers seeing the pistol on uncle Wes' bedside table as a child. My best guess is late 1880s manufacture timeframe. Any help would be appreciated...
    Mapleleafpete Posts: 125, Reputation: 4

Aug 26, 2008, 07:36 AM
    MAKE: Smith & Wesson
    MODEL: Hand Ejector
    MADE: USA
    CALIBER: 32 Smith & Wesson Long
    YEAR MADE: 1896
    TYPE: small frame swing out cylinder double action 6-round cartridge revolver
    REMARKS: S&W's first swing out cylinder revolver model. Interesting place for the rear sight and cylinder stop. Pearl grips, nasty nickel finish, 3.25 inch barrel, patent dates on cylinder. Accurate Shooter. Marked: "S&W trade mark logo" - SMITH & WESSON SPRINGFIELD MASS. U.S.A. PATENTED JULY 1, 84. APRIL 9, 89. MARCH 27, 94. MAY 29, 94. MAY 21, 95. JULY 16, 95.
    sclarkm Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2008, 08:03 AM
    Close.. and thank you. This gun holds 5 rounds instead of 6 and has a 3 1/2" barrel instead of 3 1/4". It also has a tip forward cylinder not a swing out cylinder. Thank you though.
    stephenstammer Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2009, 11:30 PM
    I have a gun identical to what you're holding... #32237 on the bottom of handle. Mother of pearl grips, removable, trigger set screw for poundage adjustment on the butt, safety grip, breach loading, auto ejecting .32 short, five shot, hammerless, double action S&W.

This is basically a variation on the model 3.5 american by Smith&Wesson. The guns were made between feb. 1877 and aug. 1885. Made in Nickel and engraved steel finish, mine is nickel as well. This one still has 95+% original finish. The guns were preferred for their combination of small size, light weight, good accuracy, and a list of features decades ahead of it's time. It was the safest handgun of it's time, adjustable trigger pull, safety grip, hammerless operation, etc... The guns are beautiful and nice to have, but unfortunately not worth much, as so many were made and the engraved models are traded for such a high price, no one cares much for these. If you're looking for others to add to a collection, check estate auctions online, if you're looking to sell it, I'd recommend you find someone who knows about them, selling them online will get you ripped off. Countless folks have tried to get mine for a song, but hold out, it'll never be worth much but they make great displays as they are some of the best looking models from that age.
    hwmadd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2009, 10:34 AM

I have a 32 caliber Smith & Wesson long ctg, 6 shot revolver with fixed fore-sight, nickel plated, pearl grips, 4 1/2" barrel, 8 1/2" overall length, serial no. 52557, and the number 7289 inside cylinder housing. USA Pat'd nos, 4/9/1889, 3/9/1894, 8/4/1896, 12/22/1896, 10/8/1901. 12/17/1901, 9/02/1902, and 7/7/1903. I believe is was manufactured around 1910. Any help would be appreciated.
    supernuke Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2010, 04:53 PM
    Look up a Smith & Wesson (Lemon Squeezer) .32 Safety Hammerless first model SN 1-91417, second model SN 91418-170000, third model SN -242981
    jsinc Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2010, 11:06 AM
    I have a smith and wesson 32 that I can't find anything on. It has a 4inch barel and it is nickel plated I only pain 160 bucks I would really like some info

Sep 27, 2010, 11:10 AM
    I don't really know much about smith and wesson or pistol modles for that mater I can't read any of my markings except the smith and wesson trade mark it is a swing out cylender double action and black plastic grips I've spent over 2hours looking for it any body know any thing about it

Sep 27, 2010, 11:18 AM
    Comment on hwmadd's post
    What do the grips look like and where is the serial and part numbers
    cliffordanson42 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2013, 08:38 PM
    1901 smith wesson revolver 3220 6 shot 8648 serial # What is it worth still shoots looks Aboute 20% fair for sale [email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Antique Singer Sewing Machine. Info and value scale? [ 4 Answers ]

I recently purchased a singer sewing machine serial number G521788. It is in a small wooden four drawered cabinet with a black iron treddle. It is not electric. Is there anyone who can tell me the model # and/or a value scale, i.e... Is there a value range for worth if it is in poor, fair, average...

Arthritis info needed [ 12 Answers ]

Hi! I have put this in the "other health & wellness" section because I really want a broad range of solutions. Here's the deal. After speaking with my mom this morning, she told me that my dad is in constant back pain. Last year he had double knee replacement due to arthritis and has been...

Email info needed! [ 1 Answers ]

What was the exact date when the first email was used? Getting mad (:mad: ) over it please help!:confused:

Lien Info Needed [ 1 Answers ]

If a lien has been placed on your home or other property will you be notified, or can a company place a lien on your home and never notify you? Or will you be notified by the courts if everything is done legally?

View more questions Search