Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alfie Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2006, 06:08 PM
    Veo cam and Tungsten T problems.
    Hi all, I'm new here. I found this site while trying to sort out my Palm/Veocam problem. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.

I have a Palm Tungsten T, and a Veo cam. I couldn't use the Veo install CD as the iMac system said it wasn't compressed. (My Mac is a 333cpu with OS X 10.1.2 )
    So I downloaded the install for Mac systems from the Veo website.
    It has worked once or twice, but the PDA freezes up when I connect or disconnect the Veocam and the Tungsten PDA. This requires a hard reset and I lose all information.

Any help would make my day.
    Thanks,
    Alf.
    jc105 Posts: 162, Reputation: 17

May 2, 2006, 12:23 PM
    May want to flash BIOS on Mac and PDA's. If possible, otherwise I think Palm may have an interactive chat that may know the answer, or shoot them an email. Sometimes that support is free (Chat usually is).

JC

Jun 27, 2006, 04:32 AM
    Hi JC105, or anyone else who can help. I am a bit technophobic I admit, but my Palm T has become almost unusable since I tried to install the Veo Cam software. Now when I try to Hotsync no new data is transferred, I can't use my keyboard because if I touch any key the hotsync screen appears instead, when I press the menu / application button it displays a Launch Error.
    I have registered on the Palm infotech board but the board has accepted my registration but won't allow me in. I can't get a reply from the Veo website.
    I am starting to feel that machines hate me.
    Does anyone have any ideas?
    Alf.
    jc105 Posts: 162, Reputation: 17

Jun 29, 2006, 01:11 PM
    Again, flash the firmware on the PDA. If you don't know what that means then find your closest tech friend and have them do it.

Basically I would recommend assuming that the data on the PDA is gone and restore to defaults. I have not looked up anything on your particular PDA, but I am guessing then have a way to reinstall the OS and software to how it was when you first got it. If the issues still exist (Before the Veo Cam software is installed, but after the restore) then you may have a hardware issue. Doubtful since the problem occurred after installing software. It is the troubleshooting process though, good luck.

JC

Jul 1, 2006, 05:08 AM
    Thanks for the answers JC. I am not sure what you mean but I have done a hard restart on the Palm which restores most of the formats, but whenever I use the hotsync the problems come back. I will start erasing the install programs from my Mac.
    Alf.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gun problems [ 2 Answers ]

My wife loves playing paintball and so do I my question is my wife's gun has messed up the o-ring busted and I replaced it, but air still leaks out.I checked everything twice to see if their was anything else but I can't find anything.does anyone have any clue what's going on.

93 FGM Problems [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 93 Grand Marquis that I've been trying to troubleshoot for a while now. I can't really figure out which it could be, no one in town has the diagnostic for the car for some strange reason not even ford. Well, there are places but they want to charge an arm and leg to test it. What's going...

Dvd problems [ 2 Answers ]

Sometimes I absolutely can not get my DVD player to play a DVD. I can usually get the DVD to play on my computer but I much prefer to watch it on the TV. Any suggestions?

IP Cop problems [ 7 Answers ]

I have an IP Cop firewall that I am using to split my network in half. My setup consists of a Netgear router which goes out to my office netork of 5 or so computers, one of which is my IP Cop box. The IP Cop box then goes to a switch which I plug customer computers into. So essentially I have an...

View more questions Search