Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tom1212 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2008, 02:15 AM
    Interests of Wealthy people vs Less wealthy people
    I know that it is a well know fact that affluent people often have very different interests (i.e. in sport) to poorer people, even when they live in proximity. Is there a theory that some geogpraher has made? Or is it just a common stereotype/knowledge?
    jakester Posts: 582, Reputation: 165

Sep 18, 2008, 05:27 PM
    I don't know if I'd make a generalization of people, rich or poor, in terms of their interests. If you are saying that rich people eat caviar and poor people eat the 1$ menu from McDonald's, I'd say you were being irrational and being far too general. If you were saying that rich people play golf at the country club and poor people play stick ball, again, it's the same generalization.

I have known poor people with unique interests to people with money. And I have known rich people who have plenty of money but you would never know it because they lived a humble lifestyle. You really have to judge each person as an individual.

Besides, what does it matter anyway? Why are you asking?
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2008, 05:37 PM
    Well in some way it might be right. When someone has money and thought he likes expensive thing, he can get it. ALso they are exposed to different people than can possibly intoduce other things that they may like and do in future.

Poorer ones just content themselves what is accessible and available. Their money is just enough for what is needed.
    curtlycarridice Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2011, 08:27 PM
    I am curtly carridice I am asking if am going to be a wealthy men

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NYC Does MONEY matter when findg ATTORN. For Child support for Wealthy DeadBEAT Dad [ 5 Answers ]

I'm in a jam! I have to sue my x for child support! My son is several month old and he hasn't even met him! He left the day I went to give birth! He is very well off and so I need a great attorney. Im afraid that because I don't have a lot of money, he may be able to out spend me with a...

How to file when foreign wife is wealthy (living outside US) [ 1 Answers ]

Most of the questions swing around the idea that both expat spouses are American citizens or that the American one is making all th money. My case it a bit different. My Thai wife makes quite a bit of money and follows all the tax laws of Thailand. She is not a green card holder or US citizen...

View more questions Search