Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frankyie Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2006, 12:43 PM
    Toilet bowl - pinhole leak
    Hi,

I just changed a toilet bowl due to a pinhole leak - the water level drops overnight.
    I 've learnt my lesson so I installed the second toilet bowl in my garage on a flat surface, slowly added some water and... the water level still drops.

Question: Is the toilet bowl S trap suppose to be glazed all the way to the waste horn ?

Thanks
    shader Posts: 235, Reputation: 12

Apr 26, 2006, 06:48 PM
    It depends. If it's an older toilet that used 3.5 gal. for flushing; that is, the toilets made before the EPA rules, most likely would not have a fully glazed trap. The older ones had enough flushing pressure with the 3.5 gal that the traps didn’t need to be fully glazed. The new toilets that use 1.6gal. Were redesigned so they flush better with less water and part of that redesign included fully glazed traps, at least on the American Standard and Kohler units that I looked at (opted for two American Standards). I can’t say for certain, but I would suspect:confused: fully glazed traps are common on new toilets since the first 1.6’s didn’t flush for s***. :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Toilet bowl does not fill why? [ 18 Answers ]

The toilet works,tank fills and it flushes,but the bowl gets no water?what is up with this?

Bubbles in toilet bowl [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I just found this site and am looking forward to exploring it later, but right now I have this problem with the toilet. A large wad of paper was flushed down it and backed it up. I used the plunger and cleared the clog but now when I flush it, bubbles come up in the bowl part and it seems to...

Toilet bowl empties itself [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Just discovered your site and here's my puzzle to start! Been in this house 6 months. its @20-25 yrs old on city sewer system, 3 bathrooms (1 in the basement). This problem started after a weekend with lots of family here. The master bathroom toilet bowl empties the water within @5 minutes of...

Toilet bowl water level [ 11 Answers ]

I am not totally unfamiliar with plumbing, but this one has me stumped. I flush the toilet before I go to bed. In the morning the water level in the bowl has dropped a couple of inches. When the toilet is flushed there appears to be an air bubble which comes up, but the toilet flushes almost...

Toilet bowl seal [ 1 Answers ]

I took the toilet out of our bathroom. After I removed it, I found there was No wax seal, only a round rubber seal about two inches wide all the way Around. I have looked in stores for this, and have not seen one. I used A wax seal and I have a little bit of water leaking around the base. When...

View more questions Search