Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jftaxman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2008, 05:36 PM
    Does a Sears Kenmore 90 gas dryer have the same fuses as an electric dryer?
    Hello I have a sears kenmore 90 series gas dryer. And I was wondering if it has the same kind of fuses as an electric dryer? Because everything seems to work but it does not heat. And I would like to know if it has the same fuses as an electric dryer?
    plumbum Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2008, 01:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jftaxman
    Hello I have a sears kenmore 90 series gas dryer. And i was wondering if it has the same kind of fuses as an electric dryer? Because everything seems to work but it does not heat. and i would like to know if it has the same fuses as an electric dryer?
    There is a thermal fuse that can't be reset in line with the gas valve that will prevent the dryer from heating if the vent becomes partially blocked or clogged completely. It looks like this and it's in back. This unit should conduct normally if "closed" when "open" current won't flow.. about $13 any repair place will have one.

Part #3392519 | Image Viewer | SearsPartsDirect.com from Sears

Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sears/Kenmore Dryer 417.84152500 no heat [ 5 Answers ]

I have been working at this thing for about 4 days now and am getting very frustrated. I can get the dryer to run but there is no heat. I tested myself then removed and took the electronic fuses/limiter/high temp cutoff etc to the local appliance shop to verify my tests and they all came back...

Sears kenmore dryer won't start [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Dryer that won't run. The model is 110.60096990. It is digital, and everything lights up, you can push a cycle, change time, everything seems normal, but when you push start, it only makes a clicking sound. Last night we had bad storms and our power went out, not sure if that has...

Sears Kenmore Elite Gas Dryer mod.110.70092991 [ 6 Answers ]

My 3-yr.old Kenmore Elite Gas dryer has been doing very odd things! After running a load, when the dryer shuts off, or I shut it off (clear it), the touch control panel goes dead. No lights are lit. If you push the touch pad for various cycles it will not do anything. You can also push...

Sears kenmore gas dryer 90 series [ 3 Answers ]

It's not heating up. It tumbles. I already checked the vent and air is flowing. Also, ckecked the thermal-fuse and thermostat and their continuity is Zero. Also, the igniter looks in one piece. And turned the breaker on and off. What could the problem be?

View more questions Search