Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Heyjude43 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2008, 01:33 PM
    Find and repair hole in above ground pool liner
    I have a leak in the liner of above ground pool. How do I find and patch it? The pool was covered all summer and I wanted to fix air pillow and see there is only few inches water left. I started to fill and saw the soil around one area was getting very wet and summe that is where the leak is. How can I see a leak and what to use to repair it? Thanks
    albinfla Posts: 310, Reputation: 35

Aug 25, 2008, 02:53 PM
    Try using some ph color drops from your pool tester near where you think the leak is. You could also use food coloring or something similar. Do it on a real calm day, and try to not disturb the water much. Just put the drops in near the leak, and watch to see if they get sucked out through the tear.

I hate to tell you, but if you have one hole, even if you patch it, you'll probably develop others soon. Unless, you had a limb or something tear it. If it is weather/ chlorine deteriorated. It is probably time to replace it.

Al
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 26, 2008, 08:04 PM
    Most pool supply stores sell a patch kit that works under water. I would get a snorkel and mask and search the area near the wet spot. Most leaks are not tiny pin holes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Above ground pool liner [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. My 1 year old pool has a vinyl liner. I just noticed that it has a ripple in the liner that goes from one end of the pool to the other. (12'x24' pool) I got in and tried to flatten it out but it just keeps coming back up. Is that a leak? Thanks. sv.

Water behind a pool liner of an above ground pool [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, the liner in part of my pool is below the water level and thus water is now behind the liner. I cannot pick up the liner because it is so heavy with the weight of the water. 1. Is this hurting my pool 2. How much to replace a new liner and have it installed for a 16ft round pool ...

Inground Pool Liner- Large Hole Repair [ 3 Answers ]

When opening our 9 year old inground pool this year, we found a large horizontal tear in one corner of the deep end. The tear is about 3-4 feet wide. Can we repair this tear rather than investing in the purchase and installation of a new liner? I am envisioning something like a 4-by-4 foot sheet...

Install New Pool Liner-Above Ground Pool [ 1 Answers ]

We are going to install a new liner in an above ground pool this weekend. I have read conflicting information as to when the skimmer and jet holes should be cut. Do you fill the pool with water within a foot of the skimmer, attach the trim kit and then cut out the liner? I don't know what to do,...

View more questions Search