Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    crloyd3 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2008, 12:30 PM
    Promotional objective
    Here is my question...
    Offering free samples of a new candy bar is an example of what type of promotional objective?
    MaggieMouse Posts: 226, Reputation: 8

Apr 2, 2009, 03:02 PM

Stimulate Demand – The right promotion can drive customers to make a purchase. In the case of products that a customer has not previously purchased or has not purchased in a long time, the promotional efforts may be directed at getting the customer to try the product. This is often seen on the Internet where software companies allow for free demonstrations or even free downloadable trials of their products. For products with an established customer-base, promotion can encourage customers to increase their purchasing by providing a reason to purchase products sooner or purchase in greater quantities than they normally do. For example, a pre-holiday newspaper advertisement may remind customers to stock up for the holiday by purchasing more than they typically purchase during non-holiday periods.
    IsleWerk Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 4, 2009, 03:09 PM

Simple Product Awareness. Demand Stimulus, as stated by another respondent, would be more a factor of an accompanying coupon or other incentive, such as promotion of health or improved appearance benefits. (Which are unlikely to apply to the candy bar scenario).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Promotional service - accounting for ongoing expense [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, We are currently developing a new online service that Will be free for users. There is a resulting ongoing fixed Expense. We pay a similar expense for that becomes COGS for our paid service. Since the cost is measurable and the service is solely For promotional purposes -...

When to record a promotional discount [ 2 Answers ]

If a company offers a 10% promotional discount, is this taken off the price of the goods before they are billed? Or would the invoice be at full price, with the deduction taken at the time of payment? Also, if the invoice is paid within 2%10 net 30 terms, could the 2%discount also be taken? I...

Accounting for promotional expense [ 1 Answers ]

I just opened a restaurant and gave away $4000 in sales the first day. I am not sure what journal entry to make. And should it be booked at cost or fair market value? My guess is that the debit entry would be Promotional expense ($) but I am not sure what the credit entry would be. Also,...

Promotional expenses [ 1 Answers ]

I have a small clothing store and offer a 10% discount to certain members of my church. Last year the total amount of the discount amounted to $5k. How do I treat this? Thanks, Mark

View more questions Search