Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Apologisenow Posts: 295, Reputation: 2

Aug 25, 2008, 09:47 AM
    Will my laptop play runescape?
    This is the laptop I'm buying, will it play runescape?
    PC World UK Computer Superstore - Buy cheap computers, laptops, desktop PCs, printers, LCD TVs, sat nav, digital cameras and more..
    no harm trying Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2008, 09:58 AM
    Runescape has 3 levels of detail low high and the newest detailed definition. The computer will play the low of course, and the old high detail. So since your question was will it play it, I would have to say yes, But given the graphics card is a Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100, I am unsure of the new grachical detial and I would contact the seller to see it it is equivalent to the Nvidia GeForce 3 card required for the highest detail.

Aug 25, 2008, 10:02 AM
    Okay yer I would like to play on HD I will ask thanks a lot :)
    no harm trying Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2008, 10:17 AM
    Your welcome. I love that game! Good luck!
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Aug 25, 2008, 10:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Apologisenow
    Will my laptop play runescape?
    It might play the game OK, but not as well as you would. <rim-shot>

Aug 25, 2008, 10:59 AM
    Okay thanks and thank you JBEAUCAIRE once again you always help me :)
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Aug 25, 2008, 12:17 PM
    Sorry, I couldn't resist the joke. Forgive me... (*blush*)

Aug 28, 2008, 12:09 PM
    Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 v Nvidia GeForce 3?
    Hi there I'm buying a laptop that has an Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100. I want to play runescape on it which needs a minimum of a Nvidia GeForce 3. Does that mean I will be able to play it on its highest or not? Also what about the latest games? Does it allow me to play them? And lastly because this is on the motherboard does that mean I can still install a graphics card? Thanks.
    Superfly999 Posts: 235, Reputation: 14

Aug 28, 2008, 12:50 PM
    Well, first off the x3100 will DEFINIATELY run Runescape :P. As for other game, I looked it up and I also found clips of people playing Battlefield 2 and World of Warcraft on low-medium graphics and they both looked very smooth on it so it is able to play those type of games (However, this also depends on your Ram and CPU not just your graphics card). It said that this card is very driver dependent so if you get it make sure to find a newer driver for it. I also saw that it may support Direct x 10 sometime if not already so it can't be that bad of a card. I know that there has came out a few games recently however that requires a LOT of graphic power so I don't know about those; but again it was able to run Battlefield 2 and World of Warcraft smoothly on low-med settings according to the clips I watched (Also again preformance also depends on your Ram and CPU not just your graphics card). Since its an onboard card I believe it doesn't run quite as well as an external version of the card would but it still should do nicely. As for installing another graphics card... I'm pretty sure you won't be able to being that its an onboard card/laptop (There may be a way but might require an extra device that is probably costly but I have no idea if there is as I'm not too great with laptops :P) .

Of course there is also another option which is looking for other laptops around and looking at their specs seeing if you can get a better deal. If not I'd say test this one (if you already got it) and if it doesn't live up to what you want see if you can return it.

Aug 28, 2008, 01:46 PM
    Hmm yer, I just want to know if its as good as a proper graphics card. Thanks.
    Superfly999 Posts: 235, Reputation: 14

Aug 29, 2008, 06:50 AM
    Well, from what I've seen most onboard cards are just a bit slower than its normal external counterpart. But yes, it should work fine from what you've said you're wanting to do like stated above :P. Oh, and have fun gaming ;) (from one gamer to another xD)

Aug 29, 2008, 07:51 AM
    Hehe thanks I'm quite the gamer :P

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you play runescape on psp? [ 9 Answers ]

How can I play runescape on my psp 1001? I have seen people on YouTube do it but you can't exactly trust theme...

How can you play runescape on psp? [ 2 Answers ]

I hear that you can play runscape on psp and I searched up "how to play rs on psp" and it show how thjen play on it but then don't explan. What I'm trying you get at is how do you play it on psp?? :confused:

How to play Runescape on a psp [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I am Branmaster11 and I would like to know how to Runescape on the psp?

How do I play runescape on my psp [ 3 Answers ]

The title pretty much askes the question:)

View more questions Search