Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ShaydeN Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Aug 25, 2008, 01:55 AM
    Too much fat.
    Okay... so this summer.. I started at 175 Lbs. and I looked at my scale a few days ago and it said 175 Lbs. STILL I dutn know how to lose it cause I walk everywehere I go.. I dunt eat a lot.. and nomatter what I do.. im just not losing anything :( I am about 5foot 7 and I don't know if I'm SUPPOSED to be that fat for my height or not.. help me please if you have any ideas.. thanks :)
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2008, 02:01 AM
    Hi, ShaydeN!

A few starting questions for you:

1. Have you always been overweight?

2. You say that you walk everywhere, but how many times a day and for how long do you walk each time that you do walk?

3. Are your parents overweight?

Thanks!

Aug 25, 2008, 02:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough
    Hi, ShaydeN!

A few starting questions for you:

1. Have you always been overweight?

2. You say that you walk everywhere, but how many times a day and for how long do you walk each time that you do walk?

3. Are your parents overweight?

Thanks!
    1: kind of but not really
    2: about 2-3 miles for about 8 hours a day.
    3:not EVEN close
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2008, 02:15 AM
    Thanks for the answers!

Are your parents concerned about your being overweight and have you been to the doctor to see about what to do about it?

Aug 25, 2008, 02:18 AM
    Thanks for the answers!

Are your parents concerned about your being overweight and have you been to the doctor to see about what to do about it?

My mom is... my dad... doesnt exactly know.. caus ehe lives WAY out of town and he doesn't live with us.. and no I haven't been to a doctor.. my mom keeps giving me these LOOKS when I eat as if I'm doing needels or something lol :P
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2008, 02:47 AM
    You say that you don't eat a lot. But, what are you eating and why do you think that your mom is giving those sort of looks when you do eat?

Thanks!

Aug 25, 2008, 02:49 AM
    You say that you don't eat a lot. But, what are you eating and why do you think that your mom is giving those sort of looks when you do eat?

Thanks!
    I eat mainley peanut butter so I get full... but not hungrey nomore... thats abut it :P and dinner when she makes it... thats about all
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2008, 02:52 AM
    Eating peanut butter may be a big part of the problem because it's loaded with fat! What other kinds of food do you like to eat?

Yeah, dinner when she makes it... I think that I'm getting the picture a little clearer now...

Aug 25, 2008, 11:12 AM
    Eating peanut butter may be a big part of the problem because it's loaded with fat! What other kinds of food do you like to eat?

Yeah, dinner when she makes it... I think that I'm getting the picture a little clearer now...

Uhmm.. basicaly anythign my friedns have xD terhes like NO food at my house beasue she dousnt get that much money and when she does she spends it either on the baby or smokes-.- and sometimes she makes dinner.. kinda... yo uknow.. whenever... it coul dbe 5 oclock in the after noon... or 12 at night... you never know... it all depends on ethe day... :)
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2008, 11:37 AM
    Here's my favorite: Review - Dr. Gott's No Flour, No Sugar(TM) Diet by Peter H. Gott
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2008, 01:07 AM
    At your age ShaydeN, you need to be eating all of the right foods that will help you to grow and also think correctly! Eating the most nutritious foods are the key here! But, I'm no expert in that area.

I'm going to ask our Fitness, Nutrition & Weight Loss Expert, lovelesspa to respond to your post. You should get some excellent information from her as to what you really should be choosing to eat!
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2008, 01:45 AM
    Okay, it's done! I sent lovelesspa a private message about your thread. Hopefully, she will come around sometime soon in order to respond to it and to help you!
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Oct 14, 2008, 05:45 PM

Watching the amounts you eat is the fist thing you should do, eat smaller amounts of healthy foods. For instance, 3 ounces of lean meats, like a small chicken breast, turkey, loin type meats, or fish, add veggies and fruits. Drinks lots of water throughout the day. Cut out as much sugar and salty foods, like cakes, chips and stay away from fried foods as well as fast foods in general. You need to watch the peanut butter the most you should eat is about 2 tbsp. a day, like what's been mentioned.. it's full of fat. You need to eat on a regular basis and add more exercise each day besides walking. Maybe try talking to your mom and explain what your trying to accomplish.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help me lose it [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I'm brandon and I'm 15. Now I play football and I want to get into rele good shape. Im 5'9 and 160 pounds. I work out and have muscle but I still am not happy with my body. My stomach seems to get huge every time I eat the littlest things and I dotn want to end up making myself throw up just...

How many pounds do I need to lose to lose 1.5 cm or .6 inches to my waist? [ 1 Answers ]

If it helps I'm 5 feet 10 inches, 141 pounds, my waistline is 32 inches, and my bodyfat percentage is 16%.

I need to lose 150 lbs [ 3 Answers ]

I Have Let Myself Go And I Now Weigh 300 .im 5 Ft 7 In Tall. Im Not Ugly And I Know If I Lost This Weight I Would Look And Feel So Much Better, I Look At Myself And I Get So Depressed . Where Do I Start? What Do I Do? I Have High Blood Pressure So I Can't Take Diet Pills. Please Help Me :(

Have it all, don't want to lose it all. I think? [ 2 Answers ]

I have lost my high paying job. I am not able to meet my financial obligations. I have the American Dream- House, Wife, Nice Car, etc. etc. and it is all going down the drain. While this situation has evolved and occupied my every thought, I really got to see my wife's true colors. My wife is a...

How to lose a war .be PC [ 15 Answers ]

"The insurgents who kill our young soldiers are ruthless, but we have sometimes been cautious in our response. Take the question of targeting bomb makers: There may be an unlimited supply of explosives in Iraq, but there is not an unlimited supply of people who know how to wire the detonators. In...

View more questions Search