Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catgirlalex1 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2008, 12:21 AM
    Outdoor or Indoor Cat?
    I have a kitten who is about 10 weeks old now and currently an outdoor cat. I brought her inside and she did great with her litter box. One problem I am facing currently is that I will have to transfer her to my home in California. I am currently visiting Indiana where she was born from a cat my family here in Indiana owns. I really would like to take her home with me and have done research on taking her in the cabin on a plane with me. Anyway, my question is whether it might be better to just let her stay here where she's happy with her friends and family but where she has fleas, earmites, and possibly other problems or to take her with me to make her a strictly indoors cat where she will not have to deal with fleas or anything like that. I also have a 5 year old neutered male at home. Any suggestions?
    ShaydeN Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Aug 25, 2008, 01:02 AM
    I know th ekittens cute and stuff... but let her stay :)
    doggie_poopie Posts: 252, Reputation: 19

Aug 25, 2008, 08:23 PM
    That's a no brainer! Take her with you!
    Let's see- live outside with mites crawling in your ears, making my ears itch constantly, getting off balance and infections, covered in fleas, itching all over my body, losing hair from constant flea bites that will cause an allergic reaction to their saliva, infested with tapeworms from grooming off fleas, possible anemia from blood loss, and the possibility of having inbred kittens season after season to have the same crappy life, and last but not least some of the following cold winters, hot summers, coyotes, dogs, hawks, owls, and traffic ***OR*** a nice cushy life with a friend and no bugs.
    Yeah I think the later!
    She is young and will adjust nicely. I am glad at least you can save her.
    PS. I live in Indiana

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Indoor Plants [ 11 Answers ]

Are there any indoor plants that don't require much sunlight, or even NO sunlight? I hate silk plants and wanted something that will live indoors without any sunlight. Thank you in advance for any and all help!

Outdoor Cat turned Indoor and having Problems [ 6 Answers ]

We recently sold our house and have moved into a condo. Our mostly outdoor cat has become strictly indoor. She doesn't use her litter box at all. She keeps going on our bath mats. She has never gone indoors before and my husband and I have become frustrated. I understand that moving may have been...

Female outdoor cat not accepting new male outdoor cat [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 10 year old spayed female cat that has always lived in our garage and is very spoiled. We live out in the country. A male cat about two years old that is very sweet also showed up and is now neutered. He is not dominate to the female and wants to live in the garage also. They each have...

Indoor pests [ 1 Answers ]

We recently had a second sump pump installed in the ground level of our home. There has been a excessive amount of crickets. How do we rid of them so we can enjoy the family space on our lower level?

View more questions Search