Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jakenkim Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Aug 24, 2008, 05:44 PM
    Grants for felons to start businesses
    I was recently incarcerated at Monroe Correctional Complex in Monroe, Washington. I have heard there is federal grant monies available to felons desiring to start their own business. I would like to start a construction business. Please let me know how I could go about acccessing the funding to do so. :)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 24, 2008, 06:14 PM
    Unless your state has some, there is no specific grants for felons, in fact if you were convicted of certain crims such as drugs you will be disqualifed from many grants other felons can get.
    free grants Posts: 46, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2008, 09:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jakenkim
    I was recently incarcerated at Monroe Correctional Complex in Monroe, Washington. I have heard their is federal grant monies available to felons desiring to start their own business. I would like to start a construction business. Please let me know how I could go about acccessing the funding to do so. :)
    And if you are a felons desiring to start their own business. Prison Entrepreneurship Program is a non-profit organization which is "a Houston-based nonprofit organization that leverages the skills of senior business executives to constructively redirect these talents and equip inmates and former inmates with entrepreneurial training—enabling them to productively re-enter society." If you want to know more about it, you may visit their site at
    http://prisonentrepreneurship.org/
    tjnibbs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2008, 09:13 AM
    Hi,

My name is TJ and I'm an ex-felon currently living in Indianapolis, Indiana. I'm 46 years old, married 17 years to my wonderful husband and we have 5 children. Twin boys age 15, a 9 year old daughter and twin girls age 7.

We are all Christians and sports fanatics. Our sons play high school football, basketball, and run track as well as AAU basketball and track. Our daughters play soccer and basketball and will start running track this summer.

My husband and I both played high school sports, specifically basketball, track and volleyball. My passion and calling is to become a Christian Personal Trainer.

I love to work out to Chiristian music as well as meditate to scriptures during my strength training exercises. I am truly blessed by the Best.

Love and God Bless :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there any free small business grants or grants for felons [ 3 Answers ]

I'm an ex-felon trying to get on with my life and become a possitive person for myself and my children and for the comity that I live in is there any kind of grants I can get to open up a business I would only need about 10,000 to have everything up and going

Grants for Ex-Felons [ 6 Answers ]

Are there any grants available for ex-felons who were convicted of a non drug related or any type of serious or violent crime?

Grants for EX-Felons [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to find information on how Ex-Felons can get State and Federal Grants when they get out of prison.:confused: :o

Grants for women owned businesses [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I recently started a small cleaning business I had a question. What are some of the best sources to find grants for women business owners?

Grants for felons [ 1 Answers ]

Are there grants for convicted felons.

View more questions Search