Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    koates Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2006, 05:22 PM
    Portable air conditioner
    I'm looking for a portable air conditioner to cool a 360 sq foot garage which is on the north side of the house. There are no windows except in the garage door. I also need a unit that is reliable and quiet. I have searched the Internet and know more about these units than I ever wanted and the only one that meets my needs is only 9000 BTU. I don't need the garage cold, just about 75-80 degrees. I live in Georgia. What are my chances that it would keep my garage cool? Anyone recommend a unit? I cannot install a window or wall unit due to my homeowner's association requirements.

Thanks in advance!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 25, 2006, 05:41 PM
    Even the portable units have to be vented, they may roll in to your room but nromally will have a hose that has to be vented. ( at least all of the ones I have seen.

I did see one "unit" before that was not vented, but it was fairly worthless.
    koates Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2006, 05:51 PM
    Thanks! I can vent the unit, I just can't have a window unit installed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Portable AC Exhaust Hose [ 1 Answers ]

Help! Is there some sort of trick to make the exhaust hose stay in place? Despite my best efforts, it wants to slip out of place both on the back of The portable AC unit as well as from the connector in the window. What am I doing wrong? Any hints or tricks on how to make the connection, ...

Portable room air conditioners [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! Can you please tell me how much of an area does a 9,000 BTU cover from an air conditioner (portable unit)? Thanks

Portable generators [ 2 Answers ]

I know there are a few threads about this but I wanted to clarify the answers for myself. First of all, we live in an area that has a high water table. I also heard the power goes out quite frequently. If that happens and our sump pump isn't able to work... well our basement will be in about 3-4...

Portable Generator [ 6 Answers ]

I am interested in purchasing a 5000 to 6200 watt portable generator to use during power outages. What are the safety concerns such as rain, snow, how far from any structues must it be used, and can it be placed on a deck? Also would like to here any recommendations as to what model and...

Portable Washing Machine [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All! I just moved into an apartment in New York that has a laundry room in the basement. As I just had a baby, my wife wanted to have at least a small washing machine in the apartment. As there is no place to connect it and the landlord will not change anything, I was wondering if some kind...

View more questions Search