Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarahkadri Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2008, 11:46 AM
    Convert half of the kitchen and boiler room into a shower and toilet
    I need to convert half of the kitchen and boiler room into a shower and toilet,how can I and how much will it cost
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 24, 2008, 08:00 PM
    Not knowing where you live and you skill level I'd siggest getting 3 porfessional bids. Ask the bidder lots of question and maybe you can figure if it really is something you can do or do you need a pro. A bath with a shower needs a 3" drain under the floor which is not there now, what is your floor material and how far to the nearest 3" existing drain?
    Mapleleafpete Posts: 125, Reputation: 4

Aug 29, 2008, 06:50 AM
    Like buddy said,get three qouts and also ask if you can help to cut down on labour expense.I don't no your skills but your willing to tackel so you must no a bit.Rule of thumb is the labour cost will be the same as material cost, good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remove toilet and convert to shower drain [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I can work my way around a construction site, but when it comes to plumbing (or HVAC) I have to ask the experts. I'm helping a friend convert a bathroom to a shower room. We intend to remove the sink and toilet, etc, re-tile and have the entire room be a shower. Of course this is an older...

Steps to convert basement toilet drain to shower drain [ 2 Answers ]

I want to convert a basement toilet drain to a shower drain. Is it a job that a do it yourselfer can do? If no- who do I hire-a plumber or a contractor? What would be a high end estimate of the cost to hire someone in New York? Also, sitting on the floor about a foot directly in front of the...

Creating a half wall between kitchen and dining room [ 3 Answers ]

I need to make a half wall between the kitchen and diningroom. The stove and base cabinets with outlets are on that wall. It is a non-load bearing wall. Do I need a permit and how long would this project take (approximately), cost (5ft), general info appreciated. Thanks

Unknown device in my boiler room ceiling [ 17 Answers ]

Hi All. I've been doing some work trying to identify all my circuits in my house (the box was not labelled. Can you believe it?), and there's one circuit I couldn't figure out. It drove me crazy for days until I realized that it ran up into the ceiling to a weird looking device with two metal...

Convert toilet waste to shower drain [ 1 Answers ]

I am buying a home where the master bath has his & her toilets. I want to remove one toilet and install a shower in this area. Since the toilet line is already vented, is there any problem with just removing the closet flange and adding a reducing coupler to the 3 or 4 inch wasteline to convert...

View more questions Search