Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sprice1976 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2006, 05:10 PM
    Water puddle on top shelf of Fridge
    I have a kenmore fridge that recently started gathering water on the top shelf of the refrigerator section (top is freezer with an ice maker/bottom is fridge). I'm not sure if it's the ice maker leeking or if it's the seal on the door is needing to be replaced.

Thank you for your assistance
    applguy Posts: 324, Reputation: 23

Apr 25, 2006, 05:23 PM
    Neither. Most likely you have a defrost drain that is frozen over with ice or plugged with small pieces of food or the like. Remove the freezer floor (2 quarter-inch screws, front corners, and pull straight out) and if this is the problem, the area under the floor will be covered in ice. Let me know what you find. If you can't see any screws where I say they are, then include the model number in your next post.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmoore fridge dripping water inside [ 6 Answers ]

I have a kenmoore fridge that is dripping water from the top side of the fridge compartment (traditional freezer on top style). It appears to be coming from an assembly containing a plastic (condensate?) hose that runs down the middle of the "ceiling" of the fridge compartment and drips near the...

Water is pooling in the bottom of my fridge [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I think the tube to the drain pan must be clogged because in at back of the fridge at the top I can see where the water drips from the freezer into the tube and the little collector or basin for the water to run into the tube is completely full of water at times. Most of the time the...

Fridge water smells bad [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a new GE fridge and had a problem with the water smelling like rotten eggs (literally) when dispensed out of the fridge. That filter lasted about 6 months and was the original one. I changed the filter and when I did the filter smelled terrible. I put in the new one and it worked great,...

Ridiculously slow water from new fridge [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, here's an idiotic question... and I probably know what the answer is going to be... I just bought a new refrigerator on Saturday (our old one was from the 50's) from Sears Scratch and Dent... it's got the water dispenser and ice maker and everything. So, anyhow, I bought the ice maker...

Puddle of water in basement [ 5 Answers ]

For about the past year or so, we've occasionally noticed a small puddle of water on the floor of the unfinished side of our basement near where the pipes exit the basement walls and enter the septic system. The water doesn't smell of sewage. There are two pipes that enter the wall at this...

View more questions Search