Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fritz575 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2008, 11:29 AM
    Blade engaging squeeling
    I have an '04 sears craftsman 18hp garden tractor and whenever I engage the cutting blades I get a squeeling sound at the mower deck? Does anyone know what causes this and what can be done to correct this problem? I did check the belt and also put on a belt lubricant.

Thanks
    Fritz
    Morrowrj Posts: 345, Reputation: 22

Aug 24, 2008, 12:47 PM
    Don't know what you mean by belt lubricant... ick. Anyway, have you ever greased the deck spindles ? It could be the grease is gone and your bearings are failing. Check underside for grease fittings on each blade spindle.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Engaging blade on Sears LT 3000 [ 2 Answers ]

My Sears Craftsman LT 3000 was being used for the first time this year (its second mowing season). The blade quit turning in the middle of me mowing my yard. I didn't hit anything or run over anything and the grass was not in a tall area. I have tried to engage it several times but it does not...

Squeeling pipes [ 1 Answers ]

When the shower is in use and a different apliance is used (toilet, washing machine) a high piched squeel seems to come from the pipes, what could be causing this?

Squeeling Asuna [ 3 Answers ]

OK, here's the thing. My '93 Asuna is missing 2 of the plastic splashguards under the car, and whenever I go through a puddle, or it rains, or if there's any sort of moisture she'll squeel like a SOB. I'm guessing, possible it's cause of those guards. I've looked @ the belt & that's in good...

Problems with Blade Engaging via Power Take-Off Lever [ 11 Answers ]

Good morning, I've a used MTD 2000 lawn tractor that I purchased a couple of years ago. The fellow that I purchased it from had just hired someone to put new belts on it. The problem I'm having is that when I engage the Power Take-Off Lever, the blade do not engage instantly. It seems that it...

View more questions Search