Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    reloader22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2008, 07:47 AM
    Lawn tractor 6 speed transaxle lubrication
    During a recent flood, my dad's Craftsman lawn tractor was inundated. Although water did not enter the motor, I know the transaxle was under. Is it possible for water to enter the transaxle? Is there lubricant in the transaxle that should be replaced.
    Morrowrj Posts: 345, Reputation: 22

Aug 24, 2008, 10:04 AM
    It is likely that there could be a vent on the top of the unit and if water got that high it could enter slowly. There should be an oil inside the unit. If there is a drain on the bottom you could open it slightly into a pan and look for water as any water in the unit should settle to the bottom.

Morrowrj

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sears 18HP Tractor Pulley/Transaxle Belt Adjustment [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Sears Craftsman GT 18HP 6 Speed Garden Tractor, 44" Deck, Model # 917.255919. Here's my problem... when I push in the Clutch/Brake Pedal, the belt that goes from the engine (around the engine pulley) to the transaxle keeps turning. The large pulley on the transaxle stops, and the belt...

Craftsman Lawn Tractor - Unable to Start Tractor [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I currently having difficulty starting my Sears Craftsman Lawn Tractor, (Model# 917.259830). I was using the tractor and had to shut it off to move a lawn hose. When I tried to start it again it just clicked. Specifically upon turning the keying, it makes a click sound followed by a whin....

Transaxle oil seals 1999 craftsman tractor [ 1 Answers ]

How do I remove and replace oil seals on the transaxle, there are one on each side. The seals are around the axles and into the transaxle on each side.

Craftsman garden tractor makes noise when transaxle is engaged [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 2000 Craftsman Garden tractor that makes a pretty rough noise after I engage the transaxle. And it sounds like its coming from below the motor and not towards the rear of the tractor. And the tractor moves fine after I engage the transmission I know that if I don't get it fixed something...

View more questions Search