Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buggebit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2008, 11:29 PM
    Resignation in L1 Visa
    Hi - I am on L1 Visa in US, valid for another 2 years . Because of some disagreements with my employer , I want to resign my job. I don't have any other visas. I was told that I will become out of status if I do that. Not sure what does it mean. I would need 15 days or so to finish off my things here and to move back to my country. How can I make my stay legal for these 15 days ? What is that I can do and can't do during these 15 days ?

Please advise.
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Aug 24, 2008, 10:55 AM
    Normally in case like this, you have 10 days to get things done and return to your home country. If you want to stay longer, you must file I-539 to USCIS to change your status to visitor. You should file 60-90 days before your resignation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Resignation Due Date [ 3 Answers ]

I started a relationship with a coworker about 2 months ago. I'm a regular employee and he's the accountan analyst of the company. Recently I was called by the president and the director of operations for a management meeting. They informed me that since our relationship has become the subject of...

Resignation Letter [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I have worked for my current job for over 2 years. Recently I received a new job that has better pay and is more in the field I graduated in. Any tips on how to write a resignation letter?

Resignation report [ 2 Answers ]

I recently resignated and am in the process of writing a resignation report, depicting resons for my resignation, don't know how to start it. Please help!!

Resignation with notice, do we need to pay? [ 2 Answers ]

We have an employee who resigned with 7 days notice. We accepted his resignation as of that day. Do we need to pay the 7 day notice he gave?

Resignation via email [ 3 Answers ]

I work in the IT industry. Can I resign from a company via email and indicate that the resignation is effective immediately ? I do have another position to go to, and I do not want to go back to my old company. I am not working on any major projects and any outstanding work I can place on...

View more questions Search