Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    handicat Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2008, 09:02 PM
    Hudson Reed - good stuff or junk?
    These guys are a plumbing fixture supply house in the UK. They sell in the USA and provide adapters to go from US to Euro fittings. The prices are great but there are some really bad reviews on the web and good ones as well. Anybody have any experience with their products?

Thanks.

H.C.
    Milo Dolezal Posts: 7,192, Reputation: 523
    Plumbing Expert

Aug 24, 2008, 05:05 AM
    I, personally, have never heard of Hudson Reed.

I looked at their website. They certainly carry attractive products for even more attractive prices. First, I would read their return policy, and warranty, closely. Than, I would buy one faucet to start with and charge it to my credit card for extra protection. Once the faucet arrives, you will get an idea what grade and what quality products they sell. Base your additional purchases on this experience... If you don't like it, return it for full refund.
    handicat Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2008, 07:50 PM
    Thank you Milo, good idea.
    Philolicius Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2013, 02:16 PM
    If your looking to bye shower units from Hudson Reed DON'T. They are good quality but they certainly aren't plumbed for American plumbing. They use a straight 1/2" or 3/4" pipe thread . Your choice is to either plumb it the same way you do with a Faucet or toilet [rubber bushed with plastic nut that go down to 3/8"lines] , or you can force tapered NTP on and hope for the best. The other problem I ran into was they apparently don't use any thread sealer on the valve body adapters and I couldn't get them not to leak. Remember that if you have more than 75 pounds of water pressure you will have to put a regulator in. I'm on a well with 50-60 pounds of pressure and the told me I have high water pressure. I would stay away because they don't understand tapered NPT that we use .I tried to ask them why they don't use the proper tapered NPT and they insist that they do use NPT. Stay away unless you need aggravation in your life. PS they are sending me a new valve to replace the one the fittings leak on, I'll let you know how it goes when I get it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What's the name of this 60s comedy starring Doris Day and Rock Hudson [ 3 Answers ]

There was a movie I saw a while back and I was wondering the name of this movie, if any one knows it. It's a film starring Doris Day and Rock Hudson from the early 60s, about a woman (Doris Day) who was stranded on an Island for 7 years and her husband (Rock Hudson) assumes she died and remarries....

Hudson Bay Remote Won't turn off Ceiling Fan [ 1 Answers ]

I recently installed a 52" Hudson Bay Ceiling Fan But the remote will turn off and on the lights but not the ceiling fan,why?

Oliver Reed movie [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I really need any help you can give. Im trying to look for a film with Oliver Read in it and to be honest I can't remember much of the story line! All I can remember is- I think it was a similar story line to Straw Dogs. This has been bugging me for ages and I'm so glad I have found this...

View more questions Search