Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    micro21 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2008, 09:02 PM
    Formal Probation (correctable traffic infraction)
    With a correctable traffic infraction hurt me in any way? My girlfriend recently was stopped while driving my car for my windows being tinted (it's the owners responsibility to have the tint removed in this case me). I already had the tint removed and will go to the courthouse sometime this week to get it cleared but would this have any effect on me or my probation?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2008, 06:45 AM
    Hello m:

It shouldn't. Tell your PO befire he finds out on his own.

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2008, 07:13 AM
    If this was a prosecutable crime, then yes. But this is just an infraction so this should not have any bearing in your probation. Be sure to show the PO the ticket and the paperwork showing that this has been paid and taken care of. Just showing them the ticket is not enough as they must have proof that this has been successfully disposed of.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 24, 2008, 02:03 PM
    It should not, I will assume you already told you PO, not telling your PO before he finds out would be the only way it could turn a lot more seroius.

** then it is a failure to report a illegal activity violation.
    micro21 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2008, 04:21 PM
    Thanks all... left my PO a voice mail with the situation and will put this on the monthly letters I have to mail in. Its just a pain because my PO has never returned a call I have made (have left 3 messages).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Formal Probation for DUI.punishment for traffic violations. [ 2 Answers ]

This may seem silly, but I'm nervous in general about being on Formal Probation for a first time DUI (no accident, 12 BAC). Anyway I was curious as to what would happen if I got a ticket say for tinted windows, or running a stop sign, speeding, etc In what way could these things affect my...

SoCal Formal Probation Leaving the State (misdemeanor DUI) [ 3 Answers ]

I was convicted of a misdemeanor DUI in Ventura County, Ca. I was sentenced to a 2900$ fine and 36 months formal probation. This was unexpected to me only because this is for a misdemeanor DUI conviction (first offense with .12 BAC) I was told by my attorney that assuming I pay the fine in full...

Summary probation vs. Formal probation [ 2 Answers ]

If I arrested for under the influence of controlled substance and I'm on summary probation, Would I still be charged with violation of probation the same as if I were on formal probation?

Does traffic violation violate my probation? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello,I am a 17 year old male. I was put on probation for 1 year for possession of marijuana.I also lost my license for 6 months. This was on April 13th 2007 that I was put on probation. Since I was under 18, I went to family court. But last week, I was riding a \"Go-Ped\" (motorized scooter), the...

Traffic Ticket on Probation [ 3 Answers ]

Hi , my name is Cordell I was wondering how do tickets show up when you are on probation. Or do you tell your probation officer.

View more questions Search