Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lwelch Posts: 29, Reputation: 6

Aug 23, 2008, 07:31 PM
    Series 7 - Derivatives - Tricks and Study Tips
    I am looking for any tricks, easy charts, pneumonic devices etc. for derivatives for the series 7 exam. I have seen a few but I am just looking for some insight from others.

• Calls
    • Puts
    • Spreads
    • Straddles

I have a fairly good reference now but I am open to suggestions from people here.
    gSeries7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2009, 07:50 PM
    This will get the correct answer every time:

buy + call = opportunity to buy (bullish); cost basis, unlimited gain; protect short position
    buy + put = opportunity to sell (bearish); sale proceeds, strike gain; protect long position
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    sell + call = forced to sell (bearish); unlimited loss; sale proceeds
    sell + put = forced to buy (bullish); cost basis

Top two always pays the premium; bottom two always earns the premium
    memon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2010, 09:15 AM

d/dx=3^2x^2+x

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Derivatives -In the money [ 1 Answers ]

What are in the money and out of the money in derivatives terms?? :(

Logarithmic & Exponential Derivatives (Cal-1) [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I'm in CEGEP and am currently in Calculus 1. I am having a great deal of difficulty with logarithimic and exponential derivatives such as the questions that are attached. In all cases, the questions are asking for the first derivative. Any detailed workings would be greatly appreciated....

Finding derivatives by rule [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there I need help on this question Find the equation of the normal to the curve y=-x^2+4x at: x=2 I don't know to form the gradient from it to formulate the equation

Calculus - derivatives [ 2 Answers ]

1. f(x)=x^1/3+1 2.f(x)=(x-1)^2(x+2) For both i need to: (show work) -find first derivative -find second derivative

Partial Derivatives [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I need to take the partial derivatives with respect to x,y,z and λ. Normally I would have no problem going about this however the problem for me is that there aren't single unkowns but only combined ones: L= 5xz + 4xy + 4yz + xyzλ - 12λ Couldn't anyone please help me here? Thank you.

View more questions Search