Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fairyhana Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2008, 06:15 PM
    Prolonged spotting
    I am a 28 yr old female with history of irregular periods (mostly missing periods for months in a row) This past month for over 30 days I have spotted with only one to two days without spotting also have cramps frequently and feel as if it is very unusual for me. Prior to this I had unprotected sex with my partner and am very curious of what is going on
    Padfoot Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2010, 07:13 AM
    Hey I don't know the answer, but I've been experiencing the same thing. I'm 20 and I have irregular periods, but I had a normal period and then a week later I started spotting/light bleeding and its been going for almost a month.

I've heard that it can be a couple of things including low progesterone (which maintains the uterus lining, so if your low it comes away all the time)
    Or it can be infection. Its not pregnancy because implantation bleeding lasts only a couple of days normally.
    I'm going to get checked out, you should probably do the same...

Can anyone else update us on what this could be?

Cheers
    Padfoot Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2010, 07:14 AM
    Oh also (rarely) it can be a sign of STD, but if you know your partner well you can rule that out..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Prolonged vaginal spotting/bleeding [ 13 Answers ]

I have had a slight period for close to 3 weeks now. I have always been regular up until 2 months ago. This month all I seem to have is constant spotting... most times it can be a brownish colour but when wiping after going to the bathroom it is often pink or red. Since I have always been on...

Prolonged period [ 1 Answers ]

My girlfriend has been on her period for more then 2 months and it has only stopped for 2 days in between. She has gone to see many Doctors and she has even done an ultrasound. She was told that she has a pulup in her uterus and that she is a risk factor 8.. thats all they told her and said that...

Prolonged menstraul bleeding [ 2 Answers ]

I started some light spotting around the 13th of November and I went to the ER because I was bleeding for like more than a week and they told me that it was normal especially if I have been stressing and that I should be OK and that it would stop on its own OK so I have been bleeding off and on...

Prolonged period [ 1 Answers ]

I wanted to skip my period for my vacation and I read online a way to do it. If you skip you last 7 seven day pills (sugar pills) and start the new pack right away it should do the trick. I did exactly what they said. I was fine that Thursday no period as normal. It wasn't until the next week on...

View more questions Search