Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cgirl Posts: 287, Reputation: 38

Apr 25, 2006, 09:05 AM
    Fake Brick on kitchen wall
    Does anyone know how to remove fake brick off a wall, if we remove it will it take off the plaster? Maybe it would be better just to paint it?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2006, 09:12 AM
    Painting it will definitely be far less work.

Yes, you'll damage some of the wall in removing the fake brick stuff, but nothing that patching can't handle. It would just be a lot more work than painting it.

Apr 25, 2006, 09:17 AM
    Thanks, I just don't know what these people were thinking that decorated this house, wood panneling in the living room, fake brick in the kitchen, carpet in EVERY room of the house (even the bathroom and kitchen, yuck!) So we are painting, putting in new carpet, tiling a bathroom and moving in 5 days. AAAAAHHHH!! Thanks for the advice, I think I will paint it instead, we don't need any more extra work than we already have.
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2006, 09:19 AM
    I know what they were thinking: Brady Bunch! :p

Apr 25, 2006, 09:27 AM
    Exactly, HEHE! :)
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2006, 10:03 AM
    Worse comes to worse just rip it off in a fit.

Patching up holes is easy enough and you might still always look at that wall and say "i hate that painted brick".

Course its also a cheap mistake to throw on some paint and then later decide to rip it down. Probably better to do it that way.

Why is it the previous owners are always decorating morons? Ours apparently didn't believe in priming anything... paint comes off it you sneeze too hard.

Well not really but almost.
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2006, 10:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kp2171
    course its also a cheap mistake to throw on some paint and then later decide to rip it down. probably better to do it that way.
    Yes, that's the gist of my thought.

Apr 25, 2006, 10:33 AM
    Thanks guys, I think I will probably just paint it for now and then maybe in the future when we are not doing umpteen other things to the house, we will rip it down and patch it. Yea, I think these people were stuck in 1970 and never came out of that decade. Oh well, that's why we bought it, it's a great house, it just needs new decorating ideas :) It has great potential!
    Daveshart Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2007, 08:45 AM
    I've got the same "fake brick" problem but am trying to figure out a way to get this fake brick off without damaging the existing cabients that we've chosen not to replace. The fake brick goes right up to the cabinets. I'd used paint stripper in a previous house to clean up the adhesive on a couple of walls when I removed tile... I was wondering if anyone knew if paint stripper would work on that fake brick grout? My plan was to chip off the brick and use stripper to remove the grout/glue ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fake Manned Moon Landing? [ 47 Answers ]

There is a group of people who claim that the United States faked the manned moon landing. They point to anomalies in the photographs as well as the radiation hazard of the trip and landing on te moon itself. Would like to hear opinions on this. Thanks!

Removing adhesive on brick wall [ 4 Answers ]

I had a volunteer mount a metal plaque on a brick wall in an outside courtyard a couple of days ago. I went and looked to be sure the work was done, and found that the plaque is where it should be on the brick wall, but there is a yellow contact adhesive dripping from the plaque down the brick...

Fake green bills [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, At the end of May 2006, I withdrew $1,000 (in 10 of $100 bills) from a local Bank of America branch, and gave these money to my sister as her wedding gift. Last month, my sister, who lives in another country, went to her local bank to exchange these $1,000 into local currency. However, the...

Fake teeth [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I have problems with my gums and teeth.all my top teeth are fake and when I close them toghter they go behind the bottom teeth I got them done about 5 months ago and can't get used to them at all I always finnd it hard to talk cause they get in the way of my tongue and when I got them put in it...

Removing Fake Brick [ 2 Answers ]

Is there an easy way to remove fake brick from the kitchen area, because we're remodeling the kitchen.

View more questions Search