Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    QQapple Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

Jun 18, 2003, 10:53 PM
    Annoying fassia.net
    You know how we usually end up in a white background "cannot find" page... I really want that back!

Recently, when my computer cannot connect to a page I want to go, I get directed to this "Find What You're Looking For" page http://www.fassia.net/wmed/index1.html

I hate it! when that page comes up, I cannot go "back" and I would have to re-type the entire web address...

Even more annoying, is with this fassia, I am unable to open pages offline even when I visited that page online a short while ago,. I can't even open the pages I have "made available offline" >:(

If I am off line, fassia is the only page I ever get, yet fassia also pop up advertisements, the annoying thing about this is that if I am offline and I am in fassia, fassia try to pop up a window, this trigger my connect to internet dialogue box and if I refuse to connect, fassia reloads, try to popup a window... trigger the connect to internet dialogue box... and so on... and with this I am unable to close internet explorer without using "alt+ctrl+del" >:(

Anyone know how I can block fassia?
    heliotrope Posts: 57, Reputation: 3

Jun 19, 2003, 05:13 AM
    Annoying fassia.net
    I did an advanced Google search and found information at this site: http://www.doxdesk.com/parasite/AutoSearch.html. Read the article, and follow the instructions for removal.

I'd recommend downloading, installing and using either AdAware from here: http://www.lavasoftusa.com/, or Spybot from here: http://security.kolla.de/index.php?l...&page=download. Both of these FREE programs search your computer for spyware, adware, trojans, etc. and clean out most of them. AdAware is a little less complicated to use; Spybot is probably for the more experienced computer user.

One of the best tools you can use is to be very careful about where you go and what you click on. Whenever I go to a new site, I read their Privacy Policy and/or Terms of Service before I do anything.

Final caveat: if it sounds too good to be true, or they're giving you WHATEVER for free, pass it up. The price you pay is often hidden spyware/adware dropped into your PC.

Rose

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Annoying Neighbor! [ 7 Answers ]

I need some advice!! We are new in our neighborhood, and we have become social with our neighbors behind us. However she has become a burden. There are times she is in our back yard raking up leaves and pulling weeds and I can't even work in my garden without her coming out of the house and...

Annoying [ 3 Answers ]

How do you repair your msn messenger. I have a problem where this thing called msn block cheaker keeps on poppin up constently not letting me talk to my other contacts plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz help me what can I do I've tried everything:mad:

Help Annoying Trojan! [ 5 Answers ]

I was playing GTA::SanAndreas when my northern antivirus show the "deleted virus pop up"... it is very annoying... I could not get rid of it... Then as I got to know it better through forums.. I learned that it was a varible virus that is never ending.. then in the 2nd day, I ran all my AVs and...

Annoying erections! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi everyone - I know this may sound somewhat weird, but I was wondering if any of you guys here could offer some advice on how to LOSE erections. Lately I have found that I am getting hard so easily and so frequently and it is really giving me grief - my main problem with it is that I can't talk...

Annoying Noise [ 1 Answers ]

I just recently purchased my laptop from a website called usanotebook.com. It's a dell latitude c600 and it looks brand new. The only problem is this annoying, almost buzzing, tone-like sound that comes from the computer. When I mute sound on the computer, I don't hear the noise as much, just when...

View more questions Search