Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    geminisblue79 Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Aug 23, 2008, 09:29 AM
    Can you have a warrant issued when you haven't been able to pay bank overdraft
    I live in monroe county Tennessee. The credit union (y-12 credit union in blount county tennessee) called my house to tell me that if I did not get there in thirty minutes they were signing the warrant for my arrest. They saqid they had been calling me and leaving me messages and that phone call was only the third. One when the account first went overdrawn and they closed it. One just a few days before this last one yesterday. If they can I just want to know so I can go to the jail and turn myself in. Thank you
    geminisblue79 Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Aug 23, 2008, 09:31 AM
    I guess it would be helpful to note I lost my job and am unable to find work because of medical problems. All of which they know however I know it does not matter to them.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2008, 10:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by geminisblue79
    I live in monroe county Tennessee. The credit union (y-12 credit union in blount county tennessee) called my house to tell me that if i did not get there in thirty minutes they were signing the warrent for my arrest. They saqid they had been calling me and leaving me messages and that phone call was only the third. One when the account first went overdrawn and they closed it. One just a few days before this last one yesterday. if they can i just want to know so i can go to the jail and turn myself in. Thank you

I'm answering both of your posts at the same time - inability to pay is not an excuse, but you already know that.

Overdrafts are not collection matters - they are criminal matters AND collection (civil) matters. I would expect to do jail time if they have you arrested and you don't make good on the overdrafts.

Sure, if they get a warrant for you you can turn yourself in - you can call the Police Department and see if there is a warrant. If you do turn yourself in (or get arrested) make arrangements for bail (hopefully they'll let you out on your own signature) because whatever happens depends on the Judge and the dollar amount.

You have posted 3 different questions on 3 different boards, asking for info, changing the circumstances and material facts as you go along. It is very hard to give advice when you keep changing your version of things.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long it takes for a warrant to be issued [ 4 Answers ]

How long does it take for a warrant to be issued from your court date and if its your court date was Friday do they process over the weekend

Can my bank account be garnished without being court issued? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I may not be able to fully answer your question but as far as I know your checking account CAN NOT be gotten into without a court order. My husband had a problem with a credit card too and they had to go to court to be able to get into his checking account to get what they said that he owed...

Confusion over nyc issued 1099 Misc form, NJ issued W2, and state taxes [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I am a canadian citizen and a non resident alien, graduate student in NJ. I reside in NJ and worked as an independent contractor in NYC over last summer. Since I worked on campus for a few months lst year, I was issued a W2 form for $732 in the state of NJ. I also worked as an...

Closing a bank account after a jugement lien has been issued [ 16 Answers ]

I am a debtor who had a creditor issue a judgement against me. They put a judgement lien against my 3 bank accounts (at the same bank). Two had nominal money in them & one had a $0 balance. When I woke up this morning I could see the account was at $0 yet my funds available showed the amount of...

View more questions Search