Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    weetwah516 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2008, 07:29 AM
    How do I get license and bonded for residential cleaning
    I want to clean any where between 8 to 10 houses every 2 weeks do I have to be license and bonded
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2008, 07:31 AM
    In my state you don't need to be but it does help.
    Also if you are licensed and bonded you can get a better quality of customers and therefore charge more.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2008, 03:31 AM
    If you need to be licensed and/or bonded, then you would need to ask the city or county officials where you will be working. A simple phone call should suffice. Calling an insurance agent might also work.

Also, in the state where I live, you don't have to have a license to do such a thing if you are operating on your own and not out of a storefront of some kind. Being bonded for that sort of thing around where I live is also not a necessity. Doing so may make you look better as far as advertising, but I consider it to be a needless expense. In all the decades that I have been doing businesses of various sorts in people's homes, I think that I have only been asked twice as to whether I was bonded or not. My answer was that it was not a requirement but just an extra cost to me.

Now, my question to you is, how much actual experience and what kind have you already had cleaning for anyone?

That's very important for us to know that first, here in order to help you the best.

Also, it would help us to help you the best if you could let us know the general location of where you are wanting to do this kind of work.

Thanks!
    HBF Posts: 86, Reputation: 4

Aug 25, 2008, 04:36 PM
    You can go to SBA: WHERE TO OBTAIN BUSINESS LICENSES and click on your state to see if you need a business license. Some states are now licensing cleaners. More than likely you will just need to file a DBA (Doing Business As). An employee bond will cover you against employee theft. Are you hiring employees? If not, you don't need a bond, but insurance you should have.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

License and bonded [ 4 Answers ]

How do I become license and bonded in South Carolina.:confused:

License, bonded & insured [ 3 Answers ]

How do I get license, bonded and insured for a cleaning business in Georgia?

How do I become License and Bonded in Tx as a Pet Sitter? [ 6 Answers ]

Am wanting to start up a business in Pet Sitting and want to do this correctly. Any suggestions

Residential Cleaning Estimates [ 2 Answers ]

How do I, without calling around to get estimates, figure out how much I charge customers to clean their home? Shelley

License, bonded & insured [ 2 Answers ]

Hi.. I am single mother of two and I am sooooo tired of working for "corporate america " and it's wages. I would like to branch out on my own and start a residential & small office cleaning service- but I need to know about getting licensed , bonded & insured- can someone please help me.

View more questions Search