Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trent Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2006, 02:13 AM
    Online Insurance
    I don't have significant life insurance. I think I should get some, but I'm clueless about how to go about finding the best
    Deal/option, and when I don't know what to do, I tend to do nothing. I know some prople are pretty emphatic that the whole
    Life insurance is a waste of money, however, other people say its better to have life insurance than having to think of
    Financial problems in case of emergencies happen that you cannot attend to in some other reason. Also, how do you go about
    Finding it? Are internet sites reliable? I found this www.insurancepaylite.com and offers free online quotes and such other online insurance available through the internet.Do you get a better rate if you get your life insurance through the same company as your home or car insurance?

Thanks!
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2006, 02:53 AM
    For life insurance get Term Life Insurance. If it has a cash value, stay away from it. This issue has always been one of big debate, but suffice it to say that I am in the camp that says buy term life insurance and invest elsewhere.

Yes, online is a great place to shop for prices; you plug in your age, the amount you want and how long you want it for. When I got mine, I shopped it at www.selectquote.com but there are many others: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

... and certainly call your car/home insurance co. for their rate, too.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2006, 03:20 PM
    I simply wanted to agree with RickJ, but I was given the pass some reputation around message.

Term Life Insurance... it is the only way to go.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 25, 2006, 03:36 PM
    Insurance fills various needs from merely burial, that costs 7 to 8 thousand for a simple service today, and will be increasing every year.

To taking care of minor children and replaceing your lost wages if your spouse had to go to work or if they are already working, merely replace your earnings.

It can pay off a house ( term is better than mortgage life insurance normally)

IF you have a business it can fund a buy out plan.

You also want to make sure that the company will be in business 40 years from now also, so only deal with companies in the A ratings.

I would advice you contacting even a local company, since they will have agents locally to help with claims latter. Also faternial groups, Veteran groups are all good places. If you are older AARP has very good plans.

And in the end some of the big name companies Met Llife, Prodential, State Farm are hard to beat for security and having trained agents that know their business.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Motgage Insurance vs. Life Insurance [ 6 Answers ]

Hi-- I just bought a new house and am getting solicitations for mortgage insurance if I kick the bucket. I don't want my wife to have to be burdened by mortgage debt. Had thought about getting term life insurance to cover the mortgage amount, what's the better approach??

Online gaming [ 10 Answers ]

Just so I'm aware Between myself and my son we enjoy online gaming and I was wondering if there are any games that cost money to play?

Online degrees [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I'm new to this site... I'm wondering if anyone knows about a good online accredited college or university?. I'm interested in the medical field.

Having trouble getting online. [ 3 Answers ]

On my grandpa's laptop, I cannot get online. I can get connected, but the browser will not show anything. I am a limited user and I think that is the problem. If anyone can help me, reply to this post. The computer is giving me trouble beyond belief. It's making me so :mad: :mad: :mad: !

Online shopping [ 1 Answers ]

How do I check the reliability and customer satisfaction of international online shopping websites ( australia & england ) :-/

View more questions Search