Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kate58 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2008, 07:13 PM
    Annoying screen flicker
    I have a gateway laptop and the screen flickers to black a lot now, especially when I'm turning the computer on. Sometimes it stays black until I keep moving the screen back and forth and the screen shows up. When it's black, I can see that the picture IS on the screen if I shine a really bright light on it.

I had the whole screen/monitor replaced while the computer was still under warranty... that helped for a while and now it's just doing the same thing again. Is there anyway I can fix this without getting service on it??

Thank you!
    Morrowrj Posts: 345, Reputation: 22

Aug 24, 2008, 05:45 AM
    Sounds as if you have a loose connection on your backlight. You could take it apart to look, I'm not sure if you can find gateway disassembly instructions online or not. It is a moderately difficult job however.
    rk7248 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2008, 06:04 PM
    It looks like the inverter or backlight is bad, I can help in fixing it.
    krazykahlua Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2009, 01:17 PM
    I have a gateway laptop that is a 17 inch screen and the same thing is happening. A temporary fix is to close the laptop and bang it on your lap then open it and doing this is a temorary fix but I emailed my geeksquad guy from best buy to see if he can fix it if he does I can email you with what to do as I am going to watch carefully. My email is [email protected] if you want to email me so I can get yours fixed too
    keasyout Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2009, 01:15 PM
    I have a GATEWAY MT3419 laptop. The LCD backlighting would go on and off and stay off. I finally fixed it by reconnecting the inverter board. (loose connection to LCD)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Posting Flicker Pic [ 5 Answers ]

How do I post a picture I have on yahoo´s Flicker to a forum? When viewing the large version on my Flicker page I can´t seem to copy and paste from it´s (right click) properties.

Gateway Laptop Screen Flicker [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Gateway laptop just over a year old that will occasionally have a screen flicker that changes the brightness. It’s almost as if the power supply was unplugged and the system went into battery management reducing the brightness and then will return to bright. We move the computer around to...

Light Flicker [ 11 Answers ]

I had a plug in the garage that was not working. I found the problem to be in the control panel and got the plug working by jiggling and finally pressing on the circuit breaker. Since then, I have noticed the other lights in the house will flicker. We used to get a little flicker on and off...

Light Flicker [ 1 Answers ]

I have a relatively new 100 amp service panel with breakers installed by an electrician in my 1950s Bungalow. I replaced most of the wiring throughout the house - most of which was ungrounded. I also replaced most of the switches and outlets. I installed some new recessed lighting. I get a...

Screen flicker problem! [ 2 Answers ]

I am having some trouble with my laptop (Dell Inspiron 8100/WinXP Home), namely a really irritating flicker on the screen. The best way to describe it is that it looks like bands of buzzing pixels covering the entire screen. So if my menu bar is dark purple, I see flashes of pink. After a few...

View more questions Search