Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    giggles Posts: 143, Reputation: 27

Apr 24, 2006, 11:26 PM
    Help!What's the name of this film? Been looking for years!
    Here goes!
    This film is centres around two boys, and was made sometime in the 80s in the USA. It's a horror film, aimed for kids. One of the boys has white blonde hair, sort of a bowl cut, and old-fashioned round spectacles (looks like the Milky Bar Kid for any people based UK side of the world).
    The film is set in a creepy fun-fair, and the final scenes involve a carousel. An old man gets on it, and as the carousel turns faster and faster, he becomes younger and younger until he is a screaming baby. There is an evil adult male charater at this funfair. Throughout this scene, he is cackling and laughing.(This film really terrified me!)
    Another poignant image from the film, is one where the blonde kid is running away (from the funfair I think to his home) It is a night shot, and as he runs, he suddenly encounters a guillotine in front of him. The blade in the guillotine drops and he looks in shock at the basket beneath the guillotine to see a replica of his own head falling into it...
    ANY IDEAS? This film has HAUNTED me since childhood (you might see why lol) and I always wanted to find out the name, but nobody seems to have seen it. I also wouldn't mind seeing it again! PLEASE post if you know anything, thanks!
    giggles Posts: 143, Reputation: 27

Apr 25, 2006, 12:36 AM
    Well some force must be sending me the right search engine vibes... two hours in IMDB and I've found it! Something wicked this way comes (1983). Can't wait to see it again!
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 25, 2006, 03:56 AM
    Excellent movie!. and the book (Ray Bradbury) is even better!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to find name of film [ 6 Answers ]

I saw this movie some time ago already on TV so its probably 10 to 20 years old maybe more. At the start of the movie a woman gets defenestrated from a flat of a tower (not sure about the tower but was sort of high). A new one comes to move in and she soon meets the owner of the building (or his...

Film on mirror [ 2 Answers ]

Any advice on the best way to clean mirrors. W are non smokers, however,it seems if there is a film on my mirrors. Also, any ideas on the best way to clean windows. My windows are old and have to be removed from the outside

Looking for a film title [ 4 Answers ]

Saw part of film about 4 years ago on TV. Don't think it was a cinema one. Set in USA, man goes to an old white colonial house I think it was a hotel then he finds a coin in his room and when he falls asleep holding it he goes back in time and he falls in love with a woman. Then I only saw the end...

I Need The Name Of This Film! [ 5 Answers ]

It is about a green monster, called mike I think, and he has black hair, horns, and he wears jeans and a leather jacket. He takes the kid under the bed and shows him the underworld of the monsters. Right at the end of the film, the monster gives the kid his leather jacket. Please help...

View more questions Search