Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chadsteriffic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2008, 05:23 PM
    Alcohol in urine tests
    If I drink a whole bottle of wine containing 12% ALCOHOL BY VOLUME, approximately how long will it take to completely leave my urinary track?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2008, 05:44 PM
    ... depending on your body type, metabolism, etc.

... anywhere from 1 - 5 days.
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Aug 22, 2008, 05:57 PM
    Hello chadsteriffic

A standard bottle of wine (0,7 ltr) of 12% alcohol by volume contains 12% of 700 mL (= 12% of 700 gram) = approx. 84 grams alcohol.

After you swallow an alcoholic drink, about 25 per cent of the alcohol is absorbed straight from your stomach into the bloodstream. The rest is mostly absorbed from your small bowel. How quickly you absorb the alcohol depends on several factors, including:

Notes

1 - the concentration of alcohol in your drink (drinks with a higher alcohol concentration are generally absorbed faster);
    2 - whether your drink is carbonated (champagne, for example, is absorbed more quickly than non-sparkling drinks);
    3 - whether your stomach is full or empty (food slows down the absorption of alcohol).

Once alcohol has entered your bloodstream it remains in your body until it is processed. About 90-98 per cent of alcohol that you drink is broken down in your liver. The other 2-10 per cent of alcohol is removed in your urine, breathed out through your lungs or excreted in your sweat.

The average person will take about an hour to process 10 grams of alcohol, which is the amount of alcohol in a standard drink.

Depending on your body condition, your stomic content, and peeing activity, the APPROX. amount of time for 84 grams of alcohol to leave your urinary track is at least 8 to 9 hours.

:)
    bennraver Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2008, 05:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chadsteriffic
    If I drink a whole bottle of wine containing 12% ALCOHOL BY VOLUME, approximately how long will it take to completely leave my urinary track?
    g,day my name is benn I recently had this same question as I am serving a incarceration period by way of house arrest, but any way , alcohol takes 1 hr per standed drink to pass through the system (breath , blood , urine) which is why it is recommended to only have 1 standed drink per hour if you have to drive to keep your blood alcohol limit under 0.02 for the amount of alcohol you had inquired about it would not take any longer than 12 hrs to pass your urinary track after the consumption of your last drink, on the flip side most urine toxicity reports done Don't do alcohol to test for alcohol as this is a separate test and takes to long to determine weather you have been drinking or not, blood tests are more accurate in determining alcohol consumption, and again this can take awhile to receive results. I recently drank half a bottle of scotch which I finished at about 11pm I was breath tested at about 10.30 the next morning and it showed up as a pass. Drink plenty of water(hydration is a must) and space your drinks and mate your good as gold.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Urine Alcohol Testing [ 5 Answers ]

If I was to drink 12 beers on a Saturday night, and take a urine test on Tuesday, around 4 PM, would I be able to pass a UA test? Would like answers from someone who knew what they were talking about please. Thanks

Alcohol Urine Test [ 12 Answers ]

Hi all, I would greatly appreciate any and all input. I am on probation, and was surprisingly urine tested on Friday morning, after having had 3 vodka/cranberry (strong ones) on Wednesday night. I stopped drinking at around 8:00PM. I'm so nervous that they would detect the alcohol consumption. How...

How long will alcohol take to leave my urine for a urine analysis? [ 19 Answers ]

Last night between 9:30 PM and 11:00 PM, I consumed about Four 80 Proof shots mixed with orange juice. Today I took urine analysis at 3:00 PM, approximately 16 hours after my last drink. I weigh 150 pounds and am about 5'11''. Do you think there will still be alcohol content?

Alcohol urine test [ 5 Answers ]

I drank Saturday night, had my last drink at about 1030pm and now its Monday and I have to go test for probation, do you think I will pass?

Blood tests or urine tests? [ 2 Answers ]

I usually have irregular periods. They sometimes come every month, and sometimes a/f doesn't come but every other month. I have never gone three months without a/f. I took 4 pregnant. Tests. All urine home pregnancy tests. They all came out negative. I am wondering if I take a blood test, can...

View more questions Search