Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fsmays15 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 30, 2003, 01:19 PM
    Problem with internet explorer
    Recently I have been getting disconnected from the internet (every 10-20 minutes) with the message "microsoft ie has encountered a problem and needs to close."
    Appname: iexplore.exe modver: 6.0.2800.1170 appver: 6.0.2800.1106 offset: 000b4430 modname: mshtml.dll

Any idea how to fix the problem?

Thanks
    heliotrope Posts: 57, Reputation: 3

Jun 19, 2003, 05:24 AM
    problem with internet explorer
    Not sure what the error message means, but try this:

In IE, click on Tools > Internet Options...
    Click on the Connections tab
    Under your dialup settings click Settings...
    Under Dialup settings, click Advanced
    Un-check the box next to Disconnect if idle for XX minutes.

If the problem persists, you may need to repair IE, or do a reinstallation.

It's hard to tell you what you need without knowing your O/S (Operating System) and which version of IE you're using.

In the future, it would be helpful if you provided your particular PC information when posting a question. All PCs are NOT created alike, and neither are the fixes for them.

Thanks,

Rose
    coreybryant Posts: 134, Reputation: 2

Jun 19, 2003, 05:54 AM
    problem with internet explorer
    Along with doing the above, - how often do you clear your cache, run a scandisk / defrag?

Corey

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Internet explorer by AOL.. help!1 [ 3 Answers ]

I use comcast by somehow at one point or another when I used AOL, my internet explorer is now by AOL. How can I get rid of that and have my internet explorer used by Comcast?

Problem with Internet Explorer [ 2 Answers ]

Every time I type an address without http:// I receive an error message. I can't just type www.whatever.com to go to that site. I have to type http://www.whatever.com. I have to do this for every site I want to visit. Can someone help please.

Internet Explorer Images Problem [ 1 Answers ]

Why won't images automatically open when I do any searches on anything, via IE, I have to right click on everything except text?

Internet Explorer 6.0 Link Problem [ 10 Answers ]

I have Internet Explorer 6.0 , and I had it for a very long time . I think ever since it came out. I have recently tried to upgrade it but it said I don't need to. I also have a anti-pop up program called "stop-the-pop-up". I had this program for over 3 months. Everything was working fine for...

Problem with internet explorer [ 1 Answers ]

Recently I have been getting disconnected from the internet (every 10-20 minutes) with the message "microsoft ie has encountered a problem and needs to close." Appname: iexplore.exe

View more questions Search