Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mish24canada Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2008, 01:05 PM
    My dog is always itching near his back paw
    Hi please help me I have a 2 year old dog who is on advantage so he cannot have flees. He is always itching in the same place near his private and back of his front paw. I have look over his skin he has no rashes no black marks he is not losing any fur. I have given him a bath and it hasn't stopped the itching. I don't know what to do . I am a single mother moving 5 hours away so all my money is going towards that other wise I would take him to vet. He is up todate on his shots. He hasn't had any new foods. If anyone has been thought this before and has any suggestions on what has worked please help
    StaticFX Posts: 943, Reputation: 74

Aug 22, 2008, 01:13 PM
    Just because a dog is on advantage doesn't mean they don't get bitten at all. Advantage kills the flea after biting the dog. So take a close look for a reddish dot in the area of the itching.

Could just be some dry skin?

Go get one of those "itch" collars... he will look silly but then he can't itch. Give it a few days to a week for the itchy areas to "heal" if they need too. Then take it off, see if it helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Causes of nocturnal itching [ 4 Answers ]

Possible infestation causing itching, especially at night, please explain.

Itching sensation [ 3 Answers ]

What does it mean when one's a** hole itches?

Itching incessantly [ 21 Answers ]

Ok, out with it... it's my nipple. About 3 weeks ago my nipple was irritated: itchy. I checked it out and noticed a teeny tiny little scab dead center on it... and like a guy I picked it off :p Since then it's been itching like crazy! :( Also, sometimes when it's itchy, I notice it's...

Itching [ 1 Answers ]

Could you please tell me why I keep itching all over from my head to my toes I have not used are eaten anything different but my head and hands legs feel as though they are on fire but no rash just go red thank you:mad:

Itching [ 1 Answers ]

When I shave my vagina... it starts icthing... do you know what I can use to shave myself

View more questions Search