Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    questions Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2006, 06:15 PM
    Bad Bite
    I went to see a dentist about crowns that needed to be done but mostly about Porclian veneers for cosmetic reasons. He told me I needed to have orthodontic work (braces done) before the other work would be successful. My bite is off. Has any one else been told this as well. I know our cases are different but I would apprecitate any input. Ps I am already in my 40s and find this a bit weird.
    ashley19 Posts: 69, Reputation: 6

Apr 24, 2006, 06:18 PM
    Well this may not help but I had braces a few years ago because my bite was too far back.. it was fine, my friend mom is 40 and has braces they actually suit her..
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 24, 2006, 06:23 PM
    When looking at any costly elective medical care, it is always well worth getting a couple opinions. It may well be that he would prefer to do this or that, but will do what you want if you push it.

I know my dentist had about 4000 dollars worth of want list, but when he found out I only had 1000 to work with, he figured a way to do the main parts.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2006, 05:28 AM
    Hi,
    Very good comments in the previous answer... money talks, or not; find ways around it!
    I am not a Dentist; nor a Professional in this area; but am a 64 yrs old person who has had more teeth and gum problems over my life than most people.
    I now have dentures, and for me, are GREAT!
    At 40 yrs old or so, you can still have a bite that is "off". It means your teeth are crooked, not growing straight up as they should. It could mean you had a tooth extracted, not having another "false" tooth put in its place, and the teeth shifted into that blank space.
    Might also mean they shifted either toward the "front" or "back", instead of sideways.
    I would get another opinion, as the previous answer said. You are facing some costs here, and another opinion would help in making a decision.
    If your teeth are too way out of alignment, it will be difficult to place crowns on the good parts of the teeth; that opinion though, is up to the Dentist.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do I bite my fingernails? [ 26 Answers ]

I am a professional very well respected business woman, wife and mother. I cannot stop biting my fingernails! The only way my hands look decent is to wear acrylic nails from the nail salon. I have done this ever since I was in first grade according to my parents. I am now 40. I want to stop...

Massive bed bug bite cluster? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello! I recently moved into a room where the landlord "neglected" to tell me that they had bed bugs even though he knew before. I have been getting bitten maybe 3 times a night, and then last week I was bitten in a one inch patch of skin over 20 times... or so I though when I counted the little...

Dog bite [ 1 Answers ]

Our 3 yr old germanshep/cattledog cross just had an argument with a "buddy" during one of our daily outings in the offleash park. It wasn't a vicious fight... just a disagreement.. which lasted about 5 seconds... however our dog ended up with a single tooth wound on his upper foreleg... in the...

View more questions Search