Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aematthews25064 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2008, 08:52 AM
    Carrier weathwermaker 8000 58wav111 upflow
    Came home from work a/c not working,unit outside, checked breakers all OK. Opened up furnace found wire just hanging, figured it goes to tstat because other wire goes outside. Only two wires green and white. Assumed it went on W on control board, so hooked it up but no luck with a/c. then looked a lot harder and seen broke wire under Y so put it there. a/c now works,outside unit, the blower comes on but not inducer motor,one on top, and does not seem to blow as hard as before. Ran diagnostic on it per sheet with furnace; inducer motor, lighter heated up, blower came on heat and cool speed as it said it should. Tried heat mode, and it works just fine. Am not sure but should inducer motor come on as well as blower?

Thanks for any help
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2008, 10:03 AM
    I'm pretty sure the inducer motor is only for heat mode. My guess is that it is used to start a draft in the flue-pipe to "induce" the gases to go outside instead of inside.

The fact that it runs in diag mode is a good sign to me.

Hope this helps,
    WallyH

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier Weathermaker 8000 [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am having a problem with my Carrier Weathermaker 8000, Last night when we went to bed, everything was fine, this morning when we woke up it was a chilly 61 degrees in our home. Our neighbor came over to try and fix the problem, but, now we can't get the heater to come on at all, before while...

Carrier weathermaker 8000 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a carrier weathermaker 8000 furnace and it come on for about 20 seconds then the burners cut off, the fan keeps going and it just keeps repeating this cycle like it is short cycling... Does anyone have any ideas because it is freezing in my house...

Carrier weathermaker 8000 [ 3 Answers ]

I have a carrier weathermaker 8000 gas furance... when the thermastat calles for heat the furance turns on it willgo for 3 for 4 min... then the flame stops and the blower runs for the 128 seconds... this is all normal... but the thermastat is still calling for heat and the furance kick on again...

Carrier HVAC 8000 [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best way to maintain an HVAC unit. I am a first time home buyer and my system seem not to cool as it did the first part of the year. Thanks, jmunroe

Carrier upflow furnace [ 2 Answers ]

I Have an older ( 6 yrs old) carrier upflow natural gas furnace. Since purchasing the house it came with I have not been able to maintain a constant temperature. The furnace fan comes on, stops, the small blower fan starts and follows with the igniter and gas ignition. It will run for a few...

View more questions Search