Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fester Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2008, 08:43 AM
    Plastic Pipe Weld
    I have a 33mm push on 90 Deg joint from my hand basin under the floor boards, which recently came off and flooded the kitchen. Am I OK to replace the joint with a weld joint using the existing waste pipe or would I need to replace the pipes too?

Thanks.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 22, 2008, 03:52 PM
    You would need to clean and prime both the pipe and the elbow interior and then you can weld with the appropriate glue. ABC and PVC both can be welded with Oatey All Purpose cement Regular Cements and Primers :: Oatey.com

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plastic pipe brass fittings? [ 6 Answers ]

Can I use brass compression fittings with 15mm plastic pipe? Thanks!

Plastic flange to lead pipe [ 7 Answers ]

How do you connect a plastic flange to lead pipe and keep it from moving

Plastic flange to lead pipe [ 1 Answers ]

How do you connect a plastic flange to lead pipe and keep it from moving

50mm solvent weld, plastic pipe fitting? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to add some pipe work to what I thought must be a 50mm Solvent Weld type Tee piece. But when I measured the internal diameter of the tee piece it is actually 55mm and the 50mm pipe I have just rattles around inside. I thought that waste pipe only came in 50mm, is there such a thing as...

Plastic and Copper pipe connections [ 1 Answers ]

Help... I am trying to replace a kitchen faucet. The copper water supply pipe is connected to a plastic shut-off valve. I want to replace the plastic shut-off valve with a metal valve. The plastic shut-off valve will not come off the copper water supply pipe. How do I get this off? I tried...

View more questions Search