Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    brazshell Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2008, 07:08 AM
    Looking for children's book from weekly reader.
    Hello,
    Back in the 80's I was in the weekly readers book club. I'm looking for a book that I think was about a young boy who was suppose to be delivering bread to someone but get stopped a couple of times on the way. The pictures are what I really remember they looked like they were drawn with pencil. I think the cover or front of the book wich was hard back had a little boy on front some bread maybe and a shaggy little dog. I believe the title had the word bread in it.

I know this is not much but I though I would try. Do they still have a weekly reader club?:)
    davintagegirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2008, 02:15 PM
    I'm looking for a list of Weekly Readers from the 70s. I think the book you are referring to is One Kitten for Kim. Other books are Petunia and How Many Dragons are Behind the Door.
    indigomom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2012, 03:38 PM
    I think this sounds more like Strangers' Bread by Nancy Willard (Author), David McPhail (Illustrator). One Kitten for Kim is a great story though about a boy who is told to find homes for his cat's kittens (except for one he can keep) and comes home with an assortment of pets that he has gotten in exchange for the kittens.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80's children's book Weekly reader [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for an old children's book I owned. It's about a girl whose best friend is a boy- for about the first chapter. They like playing Monopoly all day in the house when it's rainy. But over the summer he goes off, I think to camp, and starts to make other friends. Other boys. She is left...

Looking for book from The Weekly Reader Book Club, 60's or 70's, paperback, on WWI. [ 1 Answers ]

Hello All, I trying to find a book that I bought in the mid-60's from The Weekly Reader Book Club. I believe it was simply called World War I. It's a small paperback. There's pictures in the book, one of which is subtitled "Doughboys to the Front". In this photo is my grandfather. I loaned...

Weekly reader book order book from the 80's [ 5 Answers ]

OK, I am so frustrated! I had this book when I was in the 5th grade in the 80's, I'd say it was around 1985 or 1986. Anyway, I loved this book and I lost it when I was a kid and I would give ANYTHING to find it again! I got the book from the Weekly Reader book order in school. There was a girl...

View more questions Search