Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lokiyn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2008, 11:22 PM
    Unknown title for old science fiction story
    I'm having trouble finding an old book, I remember the basic plot, but I can't remember the title. I'm hoping someone has a better clue than it.

In short the book is about a young girl/woman who can see and manipulate "rings" that can be used to pass through to alternate worlds. The two main worlds are a rocky hot world in which travelers become furry four legged beasts, the other is one is an ocean world where the travelers become small aquatic creatures. The plot revolves around her escape from her prison as well as the discovery of her past including "doubled rings" and some alternate time selves as well as the discovery that her captor, her local bully, and an elderly gentleman are all the same person duplicated with the double rings. I can't remember the names of the characters, the author or title, so I'd really appreciate it if anyone knew the title of the book.
    Lokiyn Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 2, 2008, 02:07 PM

Hey guys, Found it.

The book was Spaceling by Doris Piserchia
    Most of her books where from the 70's and 80's so they are a little dated although still great

Other great obscure books

Queen's Squadron by R Meluch; A bored immortal tired of life joins the most hazardous and elite squadron in space, the universes only ftl squadron. Along the way she meets a feral ace who makes her realize the flaws in her nihilistic views

Although a book I'm still having trouble finding

?dayrunner? daywalker? Day_____?
    A book about someone who evades the worlds organization of 6 days stoned 1 day awake by leading 7 lives, one for each day. Ending in a escape from the government as a "day_____"

Any help appreciated much

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Forgotten title and author of 'undersea' science fiction book [ 3 Answers ]

I read a book some time back and can't for the life of me remember the name of the book or author. Please help? I am beginning to think I dreamed it all... It was about a geological research submarine that got sucked into an abyss and ended up in a huge cavern. The water was sucked out and the...

Circa 70s science fiction movie title [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find the title to an old movie I saw 2 times on public TV in the late 70s. I missed the end both times. I don't know much about the movie or actors. The movie starred a young man who had nightmares about the state of the world. Upon wakening, he found the nightmares had become...

80's Animated Science Fiction Movie Title! [ 2 Answers ]

This was a future-based animated movie that was located throughout space. In it, a young boy who I think had a robot friend travelled on a train which was called the 777 (it had 777 on the front of the train) and it went all throughout space. There was also maybe one or two sequels, and it used to...

Unknown book title/author - women's fiction [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm looking for a book title and author of a book I recently read on holiday and lost. It was written by a woman and released in the last few years and the cover was pale yellow. It would probably be classified as chick lit but was darkly amusing. The basic plot is 3 British families who...

View more questions Search