Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hwolfe307 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2008, 10:09 PM
    Invest idle cash
    I need to know what it is, and how it works thanks
    Superfly999 Posts: 235, Reputation: 14

Aug 26, 2008, 11:47 AM
    You mean like cash out of a persons pocket and putting it into the business? If that's what you mean how you record it would just be like when you started the business. You would Debit the cash account and credit the Capital account. Being that it is not money from a sale or service but money coming out of a persons own pocket to invest in the business. The reason why you debit cash is because it is now free cash to use for the company.

For instance, if you start a business and put say... $80,000 in it to get everything started you would have $80000 free cash to work with. This is the net value of the business at this point so you would credit the capital account for $80000 as well as debiting the cash account. It works the same way whenever you add extra money to the business because its just that, you are investing extra outside money into the business.

So:

Dr Cash $80000
    Cr Capital $80000

If this isn't what you meant please go more in detail on your question so someone can further help you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

88 Chevy has fluctuating idle and extremely low idle turning either direction. [ 2 Answers ]

I have an 88 Chevy pickup. It originally started as a low idle when turning sharp either directing (and sometimes dieing) and evolved into the idle fluctuating up and down when you are straight. I don't notice this when driving, only when idling or turning. I took it to a Chevy dealer, and they...

How to invest ($30.00 per month) [ 1 Answers ]

I've never invest my money in Stock.Can a person invest in the stock market with $50.00 or less?

To invest [ 2 Answers ]

Looking for advice on how to invest in the stock market. I would be investing more like a day trader, buy stocks for a short term and sell them after they make a profit. Any recommendations on what on-line service is better, cost efficient, able to buy/sell stocks rapidly.. Thanks

Invest or pay off mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

Situation Owe 118,000 on mortgage at 5% interest rate on 10 year term. Want to buy a new house that is worth 280,000. Current house will sell for 200,000. Should I pay current mortgage off in the next 3 to 4 years and cut back on investments. Or should I sell now keep investing put new house...

View more questions Search