Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kidkup_07 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2006, 08:18 AM
    journalize this
    Acquired building ; the cost $200,000 ; with estimated life 40 years. It will be depreciated over 40 years using straight line depreciation. Salvage value $20,000.

How do I journalize this?

I have
    Cash $200,000
    Building $200,000

The journal entries are only for 1 month
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Apr 24, 2006, 07:05 PM
    At the time of purchase,

Dr. Building 200,000
    Cr. Cash 200,000
    sharker Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2012, 03:56 AM
    To record purchase of building
    Building Dr $200000
    Cash Cr $200000
    (To record purchase of building on cash)
    Explanation|
    Increase of asset mean debit and decrease of asset dictates credit. When purchase of Building occurred. Building is asset which will increase or added to business. Cash is also a asset it will be decreases, hence it will be credit.
    At the end of the year journal entries for Depreciation will be Depreciation Dr Accum-Dep Cr. However it is not asked in the question but mentioned.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Journalize Transactions [ 4 Answers ]

The following transactions took place during the month of December; Dec. 5 Received a check for $30 representing interest due on marketable securities. Interest Receivables $30 DR Interest Income $30 CR Is this correct?:

Journalize transactions [ 3 Answers ]

Recorded services provided on account for the period April 1-12, $4200.00 Is this correct: DR- Accounts receivable CR- Unearned fees Paid Office station Co. for part of the debt incurred on April 5, $1200.00 Is this correct:

Journalize and Adjusting [ 5 Answers ]

I need journal entries and adjustments for these transactions Journalize : Tim Duncan, the owner, invests $40,000 cash. Prepaid $12,000 cash for twelve months' rent for office space. Made credit puchase for $5,000 in office equipment. Completed work for a client and immediately received...

Journalize entries to record Allowance for doubtful accounts [ 3 Answers ]

How would you journalize entries to record allowance for doubtful accounts using two different bases. The ledger of Elburn company at the end of the current year shows accounts receivalbe $110,000, Sales $840,000 and salaes Revenue and allowances $28,000. If Elburn uses the direct write-off...

Journalize entries [ 1 Answers ]

I've been trying to journalize this and think I've got it wrong: Assume a 4% service fee is charged by American Express. Record the entry for the transaction on the restaurant's books for Dr. Miller’s AMEX credit card transaction. The service fee is 2,000 x 4%=$80. The entry is Accounts...

View more questions Search