Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    labella Posts: 27, Reputation: 4

Aug 31, 2008, 11:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by gneiss
    Hun, I got it directly through the FDA homepage. Even though that quiz was from 2000, the rule still stands as of today. This here is from 2005 AFTER 2003, it states the same thing US FDA/CFSAN Cosmetics - FDA Authority Over Cosmetics

Many people know that lightening products that are made in Africa are not necessarily safe regardless if it is sold in the U.S. You may not have seen a large amount africans that have lightened their skin but I have. They look terrible! And thats what scares ME, thats why I no longer use it. I would rather be uncertain and safe than look like a monster years down the line. You can sit that and swear on the product as if you know people directly who made it, but i will not trust a lightening product that is made in the ivory coast. And that is just my opinion.

As stated before, just becareful not to make long term usage of bio claire.
    I'm glad you posted that article from 2005 and it just supports what I am saying.

"Does FDA test cosmetics?
    The FD&C Act does not subject cosmetics to FDA premarket approval in order to be marketed legally. However, FDA collects samples for examination and analysis as part of its plant inspections, import inspections, and follow-up to complaints of adverse reactions. FDA may also conduct research on cosmetic products and ingredients to address safety concerns."

I have said I don't work in the lab so I can't swear by what's in it, in at least 5 different post, but I trust that the product has been around long enough to be tested by the FDA not to be mislabled and have HQ and steroids in it.

Quote Originally Posted by laxi25
    Hiya, i suffer from dark underarms and was wondering which product would be good to lighten them. Would you recommend either bio-claire or black soap?
    I don't know anything about Black Soap. PM Punk Chic, she is like the expert on skin lightners. Bio Claire takes a long time to lighten on the body, except the face. It has lighten my body but hasn't lightened any scars, and my knee and elbows are still darker.
    jojo9090 Posts: 76, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2008, 04:10 PM
    Hi,
    I am interesyed in using bio claire, what type of skin color does it tend to give, the "high yellow" color and brightening, or a whiter / paler color?
    Also, those of you who have had good results, what race are, you as different creams tend to work differently for people who are asian or black etc
    I'm mixed race, black n white and my face and neck are darker than the rest of my body, just through years of sun exposure, do you think bio claire could work for me?
    Thanks for your time:-),

Sep 1, 2008, 06:51 AM
    My parents are from the Dominican Republic. I was a medium brownish/reddish. Sort of like Tatyanna Ali. Now I am more like Stacy Dash... I guess. Peole told me I looked like stacy Dash but darker, now they just say I look like Stacy Dash but lighter... lol. At first it was a lighter brighter healthy color and then I started to go pale, which I didn't like. I had to start using a bronzer to give my face some color. And once I went pale I tried to tan a little and got dark patches on my face (which are almost gone after 2 weeks on non use thank God) A lot of users said they started to go darker after 4 months or got darker after they stopped using the Bio Claire. It's been over 2 weeks of not using Bio Claire on my face and I haven't gotten any darker. I still used Bio Claire on my body and my tan lines disappeared in about 2 weeks, but initially it took me about 7 weeks to see any lightening of the body. I hope that helps.

Sep 1, 2008, 07:31 AM
    Thanks labella, that's really helpful :). I thinm I'm definatley going to give bio claire a go. Fingers crossed that it works :-)

Labella, you said it took 7 weeks to lighten your body, how long did it take you to see resuts on your face?
    laxi25 Posts: 0, Reputation: 1

Sep 1, 2008, 09:36 AM
    Thank you labella.:)

Sep 1, 2008, 04:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jojo9090
    Thanks labella, thats really helpful :). I thinm I'm definatley going to give bio claire a go. Fingers crossed that it works :-)

Labella, you said it took 7 weeks to lighten your body, how long did it take you to see resuts on your face?
    Not long at all. Maybe 2-3 weeks. But some posters say they saw a difference in a few days others say over a month. I guess it depends on your skin type, and the complexion you start with. And it took 7 weeks to START to lighten. It took a good 3 months before the results were noticeable to anyone else. Bio Claire is not for the impatient.
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2008, 01:56 AM
    No skin lightening agent is for imaptient people
    bella05 Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2008, 11:31 AM
    Anyone with acne-prone skin is using the cream or the oil ( serum )on their face without problems? Or should I go for the lotion instead for my Face.

I am tempted since I have a small amount of the cream and serum left.

Sep 3, 2008, 01:47 PM
    Thanks Labella. I've ordered my bio claire now, so I'll just have to be patient with the results.
    Thanks again for all your help. :-)
    kpangor Posts: 357, Reputation: 2

Sep 3, 2008, 03:49 PM
    Well I have one advice as my skin was ligtening fast wit the because ma cousin starting to use it irritaded the hell out of her skin leaving her with some swollen kind of rush, start using it on yr body first to see the reaction. She just using it on her body alone now so becareful other wise that's a good product...
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Sep 4, 2008, 03:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bella05
    Anyone with acne-prone skin is using the cream or the oil ( serum )on their face without problems? Or should I go for the lotion instead for my Face.

I am tempted since I have a small amount of the cream and serum left.
    I have acne prone skin and the cream did break me out. So I switched to the lotion. I find they both do the same thing. The lotion was developed for people like us ;)

Sep 4, 2008, 05:39 AM
    PUNKCHIC,

Thanks for replying lol.
    What do you mean by both do the same thing? Do you mean lightening or breaking out?
    So the lotion didn't break you out like the cream did?
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Sep 4, 2008, 09:27 AM
    PUNKCHIC,

Thanks for replying lol.
    What do you mean by both do the same thing? Do you mean lightening or breaking out?
    So the lotion didn't break you out like the cream did?
    I meant they both lighten :p And the lotion is more suited for oily/acne prone skin. The cream broke me out loads!

Sep 4, 2008, 02:39 PM
    Thanks PUNKCHIC,

I have already ordered the lotion lol
    no1brownsugar Posts: 60, Reputation: 4

Sep 4, 2008, 03:46 PM
    Thanks PUNKCHIC,

I have already ordered the lotion lol
    Hi bella,
    Which site did you order because from?
    Pixie92 Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2008, 08:13 PM
    Does the oil work the fastest and should I use it on my face or is it too strong?
    Meagan91 Posts: 63, Reputation: 3

Sep 8, 2008, 06:29 AM
    I have bought the Bio claire cream and used it for a week. Only two times a day, in the morning and at night because of the smell. My sister says I stink as hell, like a mobile afro shop and my mother asks me what kind of fragrance I use. So I stopped before seeing any results. It takes me more than a hour to get to the shop. So I want to know if the lotion or the oil smell the same or if they are more acceptable. Has anybody of you expierienced the same?

Sep 8, 2008, 06:37 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Meagan91
    I have bought the Bio claire cream and used it for a week. Only two times a day, in the morning and at night because of the smell. My sister says I stink as hell, like a mobile afro shop and my mother asks me what kind of fragrance I use. So I stopped before seeing any results. It takes me more than a hour to get to the shop. So I want to know if the lotion or the oil smell the same or if the are more acceptable. Has anybody of you expierienced the same?
    OMG you're funny.. lol. The tub of cream does smell like afro sheen or hair grease. I could not describe that smell until now.. lol. But the lotion has a little bit of fragrance too it. Unfortunately, I think the cream and the serum is better on your body when you're first starting because it's the strongest (not on the face.. use the lotion). I switched to the lotion after a few months. But some people only used the lotion.
    Meagan91 Posts: 63, Reputation: 3

Sep 8, 2008, 06:53 AM
    But if I smell like this and all of a sudden my skin lightens, it would be too obvious that I have used something. My mom would kill me if she knew I was skin lightening, call me a lowlife being with inferiority complex and all this stuff. Maybe its better to go for the lotion or the oil. Do they have have a good fragrance or the same like the cream only weaker?

Sep 8, 2008, 06:58 AM
    Honey, it's your mother, she gave birth to you. You could smell like strawberries and cream she is going to know you lightened your skin eventually. The bio claire smells the same, but the lotion seems to have a lighter fragrance too it. It depends on the batch too. I got a batch that smelled like gas. I tossed it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Older clare furnace with loud blower motor [ 8 Answers ]

I have a clare furnace model # HEM8 90-8 direct vent. The blower motor started making a lot of noise so I removed it and checked it out. There is a fan blade inside and it broke free from the piece that slips over the shaft. I tried to get it to stay which it did for a bit and it started...

Clare furnace M#NEMC60 installers manual [ 4 Answers ]

Hi.. need help with a Clare Furnace mod#NEMC60 S# 9411C004626 my service tech was at house as it has been infracted by the gas company in town. I need the installation manual as my tech is saying venting is correct but the gas company saying it is incorrect, and of course Clare is no longer for a...

View more questions Search